New libpacks for Windows with VTK and OCCT7 by sgrogan

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: New libpacks for Windows with VTK and OCCT7 by sgrogan

Post by triplus »

Had to Google the muck up.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

triplus wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm Had to Google the muck up.
:D Cleaned up version of the phrase that rhymes with it.
"fight the good fight"
michmerr

Post by michmerr »

I've hacked together a UseLibPack11x.cmake that configures a mostly buildable VS12 project. Mostly. The root CMakeList.txt is a bit of a soup sandwich in some ways. Still having issues.

I've been chasing down the libraries for similar errors, but these persist:

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl boost::python::detail::list_base::list_base(struct boost::python::detail::list_base &&)" (__imp_??0list_base@detail@python@boost@@QEAA@$$QEAU0123@@Z)

This is after adding the boost_python library to the libraries list, and making sure that python27.lib was already there. Before that, there were many, many more boost_python unresolved externals.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

michmerr wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 am I've hacked together a UseLibPack11x.cmake that configures a mostly buildable VS12 project.
If you are using Visual Studio 2013, you should be to use FreeCADLibs_11.5.3_x64_VC12 from https://github.com/sgrogan/FreeCAD/rele ... 7-med-test out of the box. Or do you need different libs?
michmerr

Post by michmerr »

I'm using VS2015 (and the corresponding CMake profile) and the libpack you referenced. There is no uselibpack11x.cmake in the source tree, so I created one, essentially modifying the 10x version to account for differences in the naming conventions for some of the directories. I also had to add in blocks for the vtk includes and libs. So, I must have missed something fundamental if the current master HEAD is working with the 11.5.3 libpack without modification. I am definitely capable of overlooking something...

On the good side, most build errors were fixable by adding or adjusting things in my uselibpack11x.cmake, so the libpack is working for me. It's just these boost errors that have me stumped. I'm going to look at recent commits to see if there was a change in the version of boost dependency.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

michmerr wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:03 pm There is no uselibpack11x.cmake in the source tree
It's this one for the 11.x series https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... dler.cmake
What version of boost of boost are you using?
For the versions of the Libpack I didn't have to do anything to the libpack.cmake file but only copy the files to the right place in the libpack. See the 11.5.3 version for example.
Also are you using Python3 with VS2015?
"fight the good fight"
michmerr

Post by michmerr »

sgrogan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pmFor the versions of the Libpack I didn't have to do anything to the libpack.cmake file but only copy the files to the right place in the libpack. See the 11.5.3 version for example.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you copying files after installing the libpack or when you created it? Most of what I have in the 11x cmake that I created are updates to the paths and names so they match what is in 11.5.3.

(edit to answer more questions)
sgrogan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pmWhat version of boost of boost are you using?
I am using the one in the libpack.

sgrogan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pmAlso are you using Python3 with VS2015
I don't think so. All of my references are to the libpack's python.
michmerr

Post by michmerr »

I installed VS2013, stashed any changes I made to CMake files, and started again.

Zero problems, so far (90% through the build).

So, either the CMake for VS14 has issues, or I screwed up something at the start. I'll test it out later, by trying to repro my earlier issues with VS14.

Thank you for your patience.

--Mike
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

michmerr wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 pm I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you copying files after installing the libpack or when you created it? Most of what I have in the 11x cmake that I created are updates to the paths and names so they match what is in 11.5.3.
I use the

Code: Select all

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/master/cMake/UseLibPackCLbundler.cmake
and by copying and pasting over the 11.x libpack, I don't need to make any changes to the .cmake files. FreeCAD uses the "Packagename"config.cmake files so you need to put these in the libpack as well. See VTK in the 11.5.3 libpack for example.
michmerr wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 pm I am using the one in the libpack.
This is a problem. All the libs in the 11.x libpack are compiled with VC12(VS2013), this includes Python, using these libs with VC14(VS2015) will cause runtime problems, you can't load two different CRT's into the same process.
"fight the good fight"
gAdlike

Post by gAdlike »

Hello,
LibPack concept looks great and I compiled current development version of FreeCAD successfully. I tried to compile FreeCAD using the latest version of LibPack with OCCT 7.2.0 and it was failed. Yes, I understand that some third-party products (like netgen) should be updated together with OCCT. My questions are:
  • Is it possible to get separate third parties archives? (qt, vtk, boost, hdf)
  • What is the reason of merging of all third parties in the same folder? From my experience, it is better to have separate folders for third parties.