compile FreeCAD 0.17 with occt 7.1.0 and netgen, script for Xenial and Jessie

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
luvres

Re: compile FreeCAD 0.17 with occt 7.1.0 and netgen, script for Xenial and Jessie

Post by luvres »

jacquesclouseau,

Could you post your script here?
There are differences between Debian Jessie and Stretch. It seems to me that Deepin is based on the Stretch.
I have built FreeCAD on Jessie and Xenial but with Stretch there is still something missing.
Actually I can compile and run FreeCAD in the start module, but when I change shape (part for example or any other) it gives an error like:
libTKCAF.so.7: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory
gdo35

Re: compile FreeCAD 0.17 with occt 7.1.0 and netgen, script for Xenial and Jessie

Post by gdo35 »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:39 pm Sorry for not following up on this. Does nglib build on LP? Should I try to build FreeCAD against this package?
@gdo35, good to see you back! I can certainly use your help.
Dont worry, I did not test it on LP, I need to make sure it builds with pbuilder first. I will surely do that in coming days.
I keep you in touch on the previous thread to avoid double discussions in this one. ;)

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need.
hhassey

Post by hhassey »

bernd wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:15 pm Debian Jessie:
https://gist.github.com/berndhahnebach/ ... 967e6cdd36
Will this work on Debian Stretch?

Would be fantastic!
gdo35

Post by gdo35 »

hhassey wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 pmWill this work on Debian Stretch?

Would be fantastic!
Just test it ;)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

luvres wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 pm jacquesclouseau,

Could you post your script here?
There are differences between Debian Jessie and Stretch. It seems to me that Deepin is based on the Stretch.
I have built FreeCAD on Jessie and Xenial but with Stretch there is still something missing.
Actually I can compile and run FreeCAD in the start module, but when I change shape (part for example or any other) it gives an error like:
libTKCAF.so.7: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory
yes on stretch there are some problems. This solved it for me https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 76#p232676