Provision for void planning - IfcOpeningElement problem

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
juerg

Provision for void planning - IfcOpeningElement problem

Post by juerg »

Hi,

I'm new in the FreeCAD forum and want to ask you about two Questions:

Question 1:
I played with the IfcOpenShell example http://academy.ifcopenshell.org/creatin ... formation/ and created the helloWall.ifc file.

The import of the helloWall.ifc was successful, but the IfcOpeningElement will not been shown (but it will be in solibri).
Only the wall and the window entity were recognized. Is this issue in FreeCAD known?

Question 2:
As a workaround to make the IfcOpeningElement visible i consider to open the helloWall.ifc file in the python console
and try to make it visible in FreeCAD. Is this possible? What commands are necessary to show shape from IfcOpenShell
to FreeCAD?

With pythonOCC I have some problems to display the helloWall Shapes. Unfortunately. So I try do display it with
FreeCAD. I need this feature for further bim coordination proofs between the civil engineering and the mep disciplines.

Regards
Juerg
Attachments
helloWall.ifc
(6.19 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
FreeCAD_helloWall_screenshot.jpg
FreeCAD_helloWall_screenshot.jpg (291.56 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Solibri_helloWall_Screenshot.jpg
Solibri_helloWall_Screenshot.jpg (233.12 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
yorik
Founder

Re: Provision for void planning - IfcOpeningElement problem

Post by yorik »

There is a "Separate openings" option to turn on in Edit -> Preferences -> Import/Export -> IFC
juerg

Post by juerg »

HI yorik,
yorik wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 pm There is a "Separate openings" option to turn on in Edit -> Preferences -> Import/Export -> IFC
thanks for your answer, but on my FreeCAD installation is no
IFC-Register-tab in the import/export dialog. What I have
to do to see this?

Thanks
Juerg
Attachments
IFC-Import-Export.jpg
IFC-Import-Export.jpg (138.58 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Ah indeed sorry, I forgot that. On 0.16 you need to switch to the Arch workbench first, to have the IFC preference page loaded. This has been changed in 0.17...
juerg

Post by juerg »

Yorik, thanks a lot. Now it works! The IfcOpeningElement is now displayed in the tree (s. attachment).
While the last days i worked at my provision for void workflow with IfcOpenShell and PythonOCC.
In the attachment you can see the graphical report from the MEP Provisions for void (PFVs) vs. the
Civil Engineering Openings (OPNs).

PFVs vs. OPNs:
Green: PFV/OPN agree
Yellow: PFV/OPN not correct
Red: No OPN from the civil engineer for the PFVs

Is it possible in FreeCAD, to make the IfcOpeningElement visible (through colors) and interactive (i.E. GUID)?
Attachments
IFC-Import-Export2.jpg
IFC-Import-Export2.jpg (208.21 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
FreeCAD_helloWall_screenshot_2.jpg
FreeCAD_helloWall_screenshot_2.jpg (450.12 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
PFV-VisReport.jpg
PFV-VisReport.jpg (319.79 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

juerg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:10 pm Is it possible in FreeCAD, to make the IfcOpeningElement visible (through colors) and interactive (i.E. GUID)?
I'm not sure what you mean by interactive, but subtracted elements now get colored differently automatically in FreeCAD 0.17, that will include these IfcOpeningElements.

I never worked with PFV before... Would you mind sharing this IFC file here? I'd be curious to see how they come in FreeCAD...
juerg

Post by juerg »

yorik wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm I'm not sure what you mean by interactive, but subtracted elements now get colored differently automatically in FreeCAD 0.17, that will include these IfcOpeningElements.
With interaction I mean to get properties from the selected Parts/Products, for instance
the GlobalID or GUID, material, position, from the individual Psets (IfcOpening, IfcBuildingProxy, IfcWall, ...).
yorik wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm I never worked with PFV before... Would you mind sharing this IFC file here? I'd be curious to see how they come in FreeCAD...
It's not only one IFC File. This PythonOCC-View is the PFV-Result of a IFC-PFV-Analysis about
two IFC-Files (one from the MEP-Designer, one from the civil engineer). In the whole PFV-Case
there are 4 IFC-Files for PFV-Analysis.

I will show what I can do and share.