yorik wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 am
I would really like to have that as a builtin viewing mode in FreeCAD at some point... We might try to implement that after 0.17, no?
The way I see it:
- The whole scenegraph must be embedded inside a SoShadowGroup node
- A SoSpotLight must be added in order to produce shadows. The difficulty is to correctly position that light IRW the objects in the scene.
- There must be some control over that spotlight + the default light in FreeCAD (a UI to specify light position/color/intensity?)
Maybe, simply, the spotlight should be a document object, that the user can position/configure manually...
- A UI to control shadow quality (maybe just a simple pref setting)
- Shadows can be switched on/off inside the SoShadowGroup. So maybe add a property to each document object?
I start to put these nodes into my darkroom view.
My idea is to have the soNodes as parametric objects in the document and compose them in a darkroom view.
on this way other nodes like vrml helper illustrations as trees and people sholuld be possible too.
Now when the use of lights and shadows is known a new game can start.