The problem you are having with the ports is that the model is "forked" at Pad002. In PartDesign make sure that only the last feature is visible when attaching a sketch. Search the forum and you will see that it is a typical error.
chris s wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm
Should I be making the parts in separate designs then merging them all?
In this case it is probably the best approach if using V0.16.
I would have started with the flange:
1. PartDesign/Pad the flange
2. PartDesign/Pocket one port
3. PartDesign/Mirror the other port to complete the flange
4. Part/Sweep one of the ram pipes by multi-selecting top edges of the ports as the path.
5. Part/Mirror the ram pipe across the YZ plane
6. Part/Union (Fusion) the two pipes
7. If you want a single part then Part/Union the Flange with the Fusion of the pipes.
8. Clean up the faces with OpenSCAD/Refine a Copy of the Shape to delete unnecessary coplanar edges.
OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6712 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17