CalculiX results 'frd' to Paraview 'vtk' converter

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

cydone

Re: CalculiX results 'frd' to Paraview 'vtk' converter

Post by cydone »

Hello,

This app works on windows (.exe)
Is there a similar app for linux ubuntu 16.04 ?

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
french native speaker :-)
UR_
Veteran

Post by UR_ »

Sorry, but for Linux you have to compile sources yourself. :(
For starting, please see here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/479 ... -for-linux
mamah

Post by mamah »

Hello!

This app was written using MonoDevelop for Mono on Xubuntu. If I do remember well it was stable version 14.4. I has never even tested if it will run on Windows. It is Linux application.

So, everything what You need to use it on Linux is just Mono and then just click... Or better way use Geany as I found when was testing Calculix. It works great with its integrated terminal and Abaqus syntax highlighting with ccx, cgx and any other converting tool added to common shortcut. I cannot help more becouse I do not remember many about that software and even cgx, ccx and Paraview using. Last days I’m trying to renew that knowledge and maybe I’ll continue the second attempt to use all of this for structural design. Maybe this time it will be more successful.

Maciek
kmallick2000

Post by kmallick2000 »

Thank you very much for creating the codes to convert 'frd' to 'vtk' after Calculix runs. I am using the files provided by kimrj after he had modified the original codes and the new set of compiled codes is working well for me using mono in Linux.

But I have run into a situation where the code is unable to complete the conversion. My Calculix model uses material with incremental plasticity that uses 13 internal state variables (SDV) in ccx. I also have material with user multiple defined internal variables. When I try to use mmh_ccx2vtk.exe on the frd files, I get an error like so:

: Nodal results block found:'SDV', defined number of result lines: 4404, defined number of items: 13
! (33) Can not read the results in line: 29898

I see where this ERTXT0033 is caught within the Program.cs (line 339) but I have no idea what to modify to allow for up to 13 internal state variables. I do not know how to program in C. I would really appreciate if you can provide some hints or suggestions of what to modify.
shakir.1311

Post by shakir.1311 »

The reason for error is that Substring (85,12) returns error for following line:
-1 1 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00 0.00000E+00

The line has only 86 characters so the substring fails.

I was thinking why there are substring being used? Would have been lots easier if String.Split was used OR it was done base don regular expressions.

Since you are the people who know the algrithm so will need your guidance whether to replace substrings with Split?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

UR_ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 pm I added just a batch file for win users who won't install visual studio express but needs a fresh build.
Please take a look in editor before running ;)

ccxfrd2vtk.zip
How about this? It would run on any plattform: https://github.com/imirzov/ccx2paraview
EkaitzEsteban

Post by EkaitzEsteban »

bernd wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 am
UR_ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 pm I added just a batch file for win users who won't install visual studio express but needs a fresh build.
Please take a look in editor before running ;)

ccxfrd2vtk.zip
How about this? It would run on any plattform: https://github.com/imirzov/ccx2paraview
Oooh, wow! I will follow this thread.... a python based ccx2vtk converter is really awesome!

Has anyone know if the outputs from ccx could be coverted to DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) format?
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Don't know if the two are related...
Maybe check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVTk this
I don't know if there are here medical engineering related arount here. If you want you shure able to find out yourself but it shall take some time :lol:
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

EkaitzEsteban wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm Oooh, wow! I will follow this thread.... a python based ccx2vtk converter is really awesome!
... start FreeCAD, run this code ... :mrgreen: open vtk in paraview ...

Code: Select all

import Fem
from feminout.importCcxFrdResults import importFrd
doc = App.newDocument()
importFrd(FreeCAD.ConfigGet("AppHomePath") + 'Mod/Fem/femtest/testfiles/ccx/cube_static.frd')
Fem.writeResult('C:/Users/BHA/Desktop/cube_static.vtk', doc.results)