Toolbar style

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
the_document

Re: Toolbar style

Post by the_document »

triplus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:34 pm
the_document wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:33 am That would be correct and I am very glad to hear plans for incorporating toolbar styles into mainline software.
Good to hear that.
Wonder when official freecad assembly development will resume, anotherwords not an addon as far as I understand it a disruptive changeset has landed in part design permitting assembly to be developed.
Upstream assembly capability will likely happen in next two to three years.
Does most recent assembly addon have a very good set of mates such as concentric, co-ordinal, inline? Also would a gear spin another gear if I have 2 gears whose teeth are contacting each other by revolving one of them?
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @the_document.

Best to follow other discussions on the forum gathered around assembly efforts (and to ask there). As assembly related discussion is rather off topic from this thread point of view.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Hi triplus,

I have just tried it and it gets in conflict with Selector Toolbar... could it be possible to no affect it anyhow?

Thanks!
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 am Hi triplus,

I have just tried it and it gets in conflict with Selector Toolbar... could it be possible to no affect it anyhow?

Thanks!
Done.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm
pablogil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 am Hi triplus,

Thanks!
Done.
Cool! it works

Thanks

PS - It would be nice to have this same options inside Selector toolbar (icon+text ones)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:32 pm Cool! it works

Thanks
You're welcome.
PS - It would be nice to have this same options inside Selector toolbar (icon+text ones)
Done.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:10 am
pablogil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:32 pm Cool! it works

Thanks
You're welcome.
Done.
Awesome! thanks!

Finally, it would be nice to have the option to choose the color of the "menu icon", I usually use dark themes and the dark icon doesn't has contrast with my background. I it would be possible to set a light one it would be much better ;)
icons.png
icons.png (216.28 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Just in case you want to consider it I'm attaching the light svg file :D
Attachments
SelectorToolbarMenu_light.svg
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 am Awesome! thanks!
You're welcome.
Finally, it would be nice to have the option to choose the color of the "menu icon", I usually use dark themes and the dark icon doesn't has contrast with my background. I it would be possible to set a light one it would be much better ;)

For now just drop the replacement icon in the ./Mod/SelectorToolbar/Resources folder. In the future default icon should likely get some color. Like the rest of icons on the toolbars. When an user applies an icon theme. The icon should adapt if available in the icon pack. If it won't work in this way. When the next version of IconThemes module will be made available. Remind me again and we will take it from there.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am
pablogil wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 am Awesome! thanks!
You're welcome.

For now just drop the replacement icon in the ./Mod/SelectorToolbar/Resources folder. In the future default icon should likely get some color. Like the rest of icons on the toolbars. When an user applies an icon theme. The icon should adapt if available in the icon pack. If it won't work in this way. When the next version of IconThemes module will be made available. Remind me again and we will take it from there.
OK!