v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: v0.18 Thread 6 - Regular Feature Requests

Post by chrisb »

Matael wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am Do you think it could marked as something to do for V0.18? (maybe is there already a ticket about it)
It is issue no. 2 in wandererfan's list.
but maybe could it be interresting to have a button to select "all previous features" . (I used it like this quite often)
Good idea

Wonderfull !
But there is still a problem IMHO, you can't select a shape generated by a multitransform or PD's mirror tool wich can be limitating

To sum up what the idea seems to lead to:
-increase mirror (and multitransform too ;-) )multiple selection
I would rather say "improve" instead of "increase"
-allow transformation (multitransform, mirror) of shape from an other transformation (for example : make it possible to make a mirror of a multitransform, or a mirror of a mirror)
I am not sure about this. It might be all in Multitransform? Others should weigh in here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Matael

Post by Matael »

chrisb wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 am
Matael wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am
I would rather say "improve" instead of "increase"
Haha, sorry ;-), my fault
-allow transformation (multitransform, mirror) of shape from an other transformation (for example : make it possible to make a mirror of a multitransform, or a mirror of a mirror)
I am not sure about this. It might be all in Multitransform? Others should weigh in here.
I don't think so, you're already limited, because you cannot make a multitransfomr on something generated by a multitransform operation. In some cases it would be useful, for example:
step 1 first pattern:
2018-02-22-135627_800x692_scrot.png
2018-02-22-135627_800x692_scrot.png (11.62 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
step 2 first multi transform
2018-02-22-135644_952x739_scrot.png
2018-02-22-135644_952x739_scrot.png (17.93 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
step 3 second multi transform
2018-02-22-140009_981x804_scrot.png
2018-02-22-140009_981x804_scrot.png (26.19 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
This is just an example but there could be be some real case it could be interesting (here, i cheated by using the "make a simple copy" tool from P WB)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I think you can go directly in one multitransform from the first to the last image.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Matael

Post by Matael »

chrisb wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm I think you can go directly in one multitransform from the first to the last image.
You can get something with 16 times the firts pattern, but not with the same organization and it became to be a little bit tricky, and if you want to have more patterns, it became really hard, because you can only select existing faces or planes. I let you the file i created if you want to reproduce the same shape as me ;-)
Attachments
transformations.fcstd
(11.67 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Matael

Post by Matael »

59 Part Design Matael allow PD sketches to be offset (as in Sketcher)
60 Part Design Matael allow new sketch at angle to existing sketch

@wandererfan

It seems that this is exactly what "datum plane" in PD WB make, so I think this 2 can be crossed out

My bad
Matael

Post by Matael »

63 FEM Matael include topolgy optimization tool
I think I should rather be a workbench named "optimization" with the possibility to maybe add a "shape optimization" tool later

48 Sketcher Matael show portions of sketch as fully constained, even if entire sketch is not
Already done, thanks to Abdullah

58 Sketcher Matael polyline – keep subtool active (line, arc,perpendicular,...)
I think subtool should be kept only in one use of polyline. When polyline is unselected, subtool should be reset to simple line. Else, it would be boring for the user.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

HI..

2 wishes i have for .18 , probably others have asked for:

in SKETCHER i miss automatic choosing of simple datum points of lines/circles ...similar to SNAP in DRAFT.
like ... if you move on a line close to the center, it could autocreate a datum point , also close to the quadrant points of a circle etc..

also it could make sense to automatically switch on "external geometry" when moving over visible lines/points ..Maybe switchable..

harry
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Matael wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am 59 Part Design Matael allow PD sketches to be offset (as in Sketcher)
60 Part Design Matael allow new sketch at angle to existing sketch

@wandererfan

It seems that this is exactly what "datum plane" in PD WB make, so I think this 2 can be crossed out
Actually you don't need to create a datum plane. Attach your sketch to a standard plane, then go into the Attachment Offset properties of the sketch (under Data tab). You can not only offset parallel to the plane, but rotate with Euler angles.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

on page 1 on that thread i read about "integrating PART into PART DESIGN.

Obviously not possible.. but some of PARTS functions could be transferred to PD .. for instance BODY visible properties like color/transparency allways need a WB change before acessible..
Some boolean operations also work on PD objects..still one must switch workbench..

So, i would say "integrate some possible PART functionality into PART DESIGN " would be good to have and not too difficult to implement..as it already works...
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

HarryGeier wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 am for instance BODY visible properties like color/transparency allways need a WB change before acessible..
Some boolean operations also work on PD objects..still one must switch workbench..
I never switch workbenches for setting color or transparency. I use the view tab at the left bottom.
Boolean operations are already available in the Part Design workbench.