VIIC 1:45 modell

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hds

Re: VIIC 1:45 modell

Post by hds »

The front rudder section. Just an idea. Nothing final. The green holder part has to stay inside the boat. I like to be able to disassemble the rudders and the steering slider part. Not really sure of how that can be done.
VordTiefenruder.jpg
VordTiefenruder.jpg (133.09 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
bill

Post by bill »

hds wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:10 am During the import of the DXF into FreeCAD a lot of DRAFT elements will be created plus a group. I delete them all and keep only the created sketch.
On my particular dxf importing I end-up with a lot of DRAFT elements, but no group, and no sketch(s).
I then Convert elements to sketches (segments), which I then MERGE SKETCHES (function).
Then apply necessary CONSTRAINTS. It is A-WAY, but probably not the easiest/best way.

Is yours done in DRAFT workbench?

If possible, will you post a pic of your DXF import settings and a simple dxf-file-example for this processing.

Thanks for you help!

P.S. Dont bother taking time to translate spreadsheet; already did? Thanks, again.
hds

Post by hds »

Here is a little animation of the aft and bow section seperator stage at frame 27 and 28. It is preliminary because i have to test it if it will be stable enough.
http://www.iup.uni-bremen.de/~schroete/ ... rVideo.mkv

@bill
AFAIK there are 2 DXF importer scripts. I use the old one. With the new one i had similar probs. I'am using the FC 0.17 daily snapshot Version. No need to use the DRAFT WB imho.
FC_DXFsettings.jpg
FC_DXFsettings.jpg (125.11 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
A DXF File you may find here:

http://www.iup.uni-bremen.de/~schroete/ ... ant54a.dxf

Translation is on the way ....
bill

Post by bill »

hds wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm I use the old one.
Yes I see; the older way generates the Composite-SKETCH. which then only needs to be constrainded.

Thanks, again!
hds

Post by hds »

hds

Post by hds »

redid some 100 frames to widen the stringer cutout by 0.4mm. Realized afterwards that the files where write protected and the CAD proggi (not FreeCAD) issued no warning when "saving" the files. So no changes where written to disk ....
Sigh. Another 3hours life time down the drain.

Why are CAD programmers so cruel ???
bill

Post by bill »

Probably just an oversight; No CRUELTY-TO-USERS intended.

I was once doing some satellite payload integration engineering when a new board-component was not cutting the mustard as far as sufficient signal voltage-levels. This was a vector wire-wrap board. Apparently(in reality) the arrogant-genius that designed the board never specified to the outsource-supply house to connect all the +5v supply and ground leads wired to the ttl-logic chips.

Great logic design though!

In engineering especially, humility must come first, followed by genius.

I once knew a guy(spelled co-worker/colleage) that said, I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRONICS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hds

Post by hds »

Finished the grouping of the frames for the laser cutter and converted the DXF into GCODE files.
All in all 46 sheets (approx 250mm x 180mm) 2mm thick are needed.
The estimated laser cutting time needed will be roughly 30hrs.

I definitly need one of those star wars slicer tools ...

Bow section sheet:
LaserCutterGroupBow.jpg
LaserCutterGroupBow.jpg (217.34 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
hds

Post by hds »

short progress note. New 15W laser assembled. Added some more construction aids in the aft section. Redid all frames from #-16 to #64 (for now).
Attachments
progress_02.jpg
progress_02.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
progress_01.jpg
progress_01.jpg (65.11 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
progress_00.jpg
progress_00.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

amazing