[Feature Request] Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Joel_graff
Veteran

Re: Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Post by Joel_graff »

paullee wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm Hope there will be more handy tool for these usages!
There will be, I'm sure ;)

Microelly and I had a good chat last Sunday about a complete workflow from layout design to modeling to visualization. The pieces are there, but it's going to take time to put them together well. Yorick''s BIM work eventually be a big part of this, too. But that's in the far distance, I think.
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

pivy_trackers 2D coin3D library: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/pivy_trackers
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Joel_graff wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 pm
There will be, I'm sure ;)

Microelly and I had a good chat last Sunday about a complete workflow from layout design to modeling to visualization. The pieces are there, but it's going to take time to put them together well. Yorick''s BIM work eventually be a big part of this, too. But that's in the far distance, I think.
Sure, I see there is discussion about Swept Path now - a familiar tool required in architectural modelling also!
Joel_graff
Veteran

Post by Joel_graff »

paullee wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm Sure, I see there is discussion about Swept Path now - a familiar tool required in architectural modelling also!
Really? How is it useful in Architecture?
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Joel_graff wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:58 pm
paullee wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm Sure, I see there is discussion about Swept Path now - a familiar tool required in architectural modelling also!
Really? How is it useful in Architecture?
Yes, definitely!

Developing floor plan require from time to time traffic engineer to do swept path, like in a carpark, internal streets in a site!
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Feature Request submitted.

Hope someone could add this feature :)

[bug]https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=3374[/bug]
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

paullee wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:03 pm Feature Request submitted.

Hope someone could add this feature :)

[bug]https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=3374[/bug]
Just stumbled upon this thread. This feature has been added to my branch when I implemented SketchExport, as you've already known. In my branch, the sketch elements are using the same name (but with different prefix for disambiguation) in and out of the edit mode. The ending integer (i.e. the 4 in ;SKT_g4) is the geometry ID, which is a new attribute (named ID) I added. You can match them (Sketch.Geometries) in a loop.
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-07-38.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-07-38.png (275.78 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-08-00.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-08-00.png (239.27 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

realthunder wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 am Just stumbled upon this thread. This feature has been added to my branch when I implemented SketchExport, as you've already known. In my branch, the sketch elements are using the same name (but with different prefix for disambiguation) in and out of the edit mode. The ending integer (i.e. the 4 in ;SKT_g4) is the geometry ID, which is a new attribute (named ID) I added. You can match them (Sketch.Geometries) in a loop.
The Sketch Export Feature is one of those I hope it could be incorporated in the main branch immediately :)

I think it seems also solve another issue which I think is fundamental - consistent naming of edge component :D

Now, this may be the 3rd feature which is very handy for all those who are using sketch!!! :lol:

BTW, could it be something like Gui.Selection.getSelectionEx()[0].SubElement_INTERNAL_Index that it directly return the "i"ndex which save each user's code to write something to parse it?

Joel_graff should find this useful
Joel_graff wrote:"ping"
Busy reading FC's wiki, python etc. before I can understand Joel_graff's code!
Joel_graff
Veteran

Re: [Feature Request] Sketch - Identify Geometry Index (inside and outside Edit Mode)

Post by Joel_graff »

paullee wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:15 am Joel_graff should find this useful
I did notice this - wonderful to have the id number as an attribute of the actual geometry!

paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

paullee wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:15 am
The Sketch Export Feature is one of those I hope it could be incorporated in the main branch immediately :)

I think it seems also solve another issue which I think is fundamental - consistent naming of edge component :D

Now, this may be the 3rd feature which is very handy for all those who are using sketch!!! :lol:

BTW, could it be something like Gui.Selection.getSelectionEx()[0].SubElement_INTERNAL_Index that it directly return the "i"ndex which save each user's code to write something to parse it?

Joel_graff should find this useful
Joel_graff wrote:"ping"
Busy reading FC's wiki, python etc. before I can understand Joel_graff's code!
realthunder wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 am Just stumbled upon this thread. This feature has been added to my branch when I implemented SketchExport, as you've already known. In my branch, the sketch elements are using the same name (but with different prefix for disambiguation) in and out of the edit mode. The ending integer (i.e. the 4 in ;SKT_g4) is the geometry ID, which is a new attribute (named ID) I added. You can match them (Sketch.Geometries) in a loop.
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-07-38.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-23 18-08-00.png
Hi, may i ask the status of this SketchExport + 'persistent sketch naming feature'? There are peoples drop into problems that I think these features should fix it :)

Thanks.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

paullee wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:48 pm Hi, may i ask the status of this SketchExport + 'persistent sketch naming feature'? There are peoples drop into problems that I think these features should fix it :)

Thanks.
I will try merge the Link functionality first, and followed by the topo naming thing including the sketch export. Hopefully it can get into 0.19 in time.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal