Wiki Tutorials page got an overhaul!

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Wiki Tutorials page got an overhaul!

Post by NormandC »

I just updated the Tutorials page on the wiki.

The old page redirected to an automatically generated page that listed alphabetically all pages under the Tutorial category. I separated the page into clear sections, and with thumbnails.

I hope the new page will be easier to use for newcomers. :)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Wiki Tutorials page got an overhaul!

Post by kkremitzki »

Wow, that looks great--thanks for the improvement!
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

game-changer! Well done @NormandC !
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Dangerously close to that home page proposal we all agreed on would be nice to have. :idea:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks guys.

We need to add more, especially Path, TechDraw, PartDesign (new work flow).
dbecad

Post by dbecad »

Thanks NormandC for your efforts, I missed the lego tutorial on the previous list page. This one is much more user friendly :)
Cheers
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks dbcad, you understandably missed it because the previous Tutorials page listed the page names; the lego tutorial is named Manual:Modeling_for_product_design.

That was one of the reasons for the rewrite. :)
Dempsy

Post by Dempsy »

NormandC wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:50 pm I just updated the Tutorials page on the wiki.
Hi NormandC, I am a newer user and am going through some of the Tutorials. Just attempted the Whiffle Ball tutorial twice and believe that I found a few type o's. I would like to help with Free Cad in some manor and feel this is one of my strong points. I have a knack for stumbling upon little errors here and there. Who would I talk to or what do I do to contribute to the tutorials for editing etc. ?

Dempsy...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Dempsy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 pm Who would I talk to or what do I do to contribute to the tutorials for editing etc. ?
There is a subforum dedicated to the wiki. The sticky topic tells you how to get wiki editing permissions.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Dempsy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 pm I am a newer user and am going through some of the Tutorials. Just attempted the Whiffle Ball tutorial twice and believe that I found a few type o's. I would like to help with Free Cad in some manor and feel this is one of my strong points. I have a knack for stumbling upon little errors here and there. Who would I talk to or what do I do to contribute to the tutorials for editing etc. ?
Hi Dempsy,

I created your wiki account, you should have received an automated email notification (if you didn't, please check your spam folder, it may have been put there).

Sorry but I couldn't resist, your message contains two mistakes, three if I count the incorrect FreeCAD spelling. ;)

On a related note, some time ago I wondered what the heck was a whiffle ball so I googled it. It appears that it's actually a Wiffle ball (no "h"). I wonder if we should maybe rename the tutorial page... :? (If that is actually what the tutorial is about?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiffle_ball