Edit case issue

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:56 pm

If you mean as in the image, It opens at the correct file location
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (66.98 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Could it be the fact that I am saving my cases on a different drive than the OS and the installation drive of Freecad and Openfoam?
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:00 pm

I do also get this message every time I open FreeCAD ...

Code: Select all

Module: Part
Loading Part module... done
Loading Fem module... done
Loading GUI of Fem module... done
Init:      Initializing C:\Users\Woody\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\Cfd... failed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 120, in InitApplications
  File "<string>", line 87, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 34, in __init__
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getModulePath'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During initialization the error 'module' object has no attribute 'getModulePath' occurred in C:\Users\Woody\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\Cfd\InitGui.py
Please look into the log file for further information
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Ahhh, I just removed the CFD add on (original add on) leaving only CFDOF and now it seems to work fine!
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Spoke too soon - it's opening in C/my documents again!
User avatar
oliveroxtoby
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Edit case issue

Postby oliveroxtoby » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Yup, that's what I meant. This is the command that CfdOF executes to open the folder, so I am stumped.
solosails wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:07 pm
Ahhh, I just removed the CFD add on (original add on) leaving only CFDOF and now it seems to work fine!
Do you mean that it actually fixes the edit folder issue? I did not expect that...
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Sorry, I thought it did, but tried a new case and have the same problem again - nevermind, it's not a big problem, thanks for looking into it!
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:36 pm

This is the command I see when I click edit

Code: Select all

Successfully wrote OpenFOAM case to folder B:/CFD/freecad/Newfolder
Please edit the case input files externally at: B:/CFD/freecad/Newfolder\case333
Which is correct, but the window that opens is C:\Users\Woody\documents
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Ahhh, now, if I type in RUN

explorer B:/CFD/freecad/Newfolder\case333 (which is the address CFDOF is issuing) it opens up at my Documents ...

if I reverse the slashes as in

Code: Select all

B:\CFD\freecad\Newfolder\case333
we get the correct folder...
User avatar
oliveroxtoby
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:43 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Edit case issue

Postby oliveroxtoby » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 pm

solosails wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 pm
Ahhh, now, if I type in RUN

explorer B:/CFD/freecad/Newfolder\case333 (which is the address CFDOF is issuing) it opens up at my Documents ...

if I reverse the slashes as in

Code: Select all

B:\CFD\freecad\Newfolder\case333
we get the correct folder...
Great, thanks. Pushed an update that should fix that.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
solosails
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Edit case issue

Postby solosails » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:50 pm

oliveroxtoby wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 pm
solosails wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 pm
Ahhh, now, if I type in RUN

explorer B:/CFD/freecad/Newfolder\case333 (which is the address CFDOF is issuing) it opens up at my Documents ...

if I reverse the slashes as in

Code: Select all

B:\CFD\freecad\Newfolder\case333
we get the correct folder...
Great, thanks. Pushed an update that should fix that.
Perfect, thank you! That appears to have solved it for me!