Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Matael

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by Matael »

realthunder wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 am
Matael wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 am BTW, I noticed 3 "bugs"
These bugs are related. And I've already fixed it. I'll release a bug fix version very soon. Stay tuned.
Ok =) you were fast :lol:
Matael

Post by Matael »

When I select a part in an assembly (in the 3D view, not in the tree) and hit the "del" key of my keyboard, Freecad crash.

Actually, I cannot import more than 3 components in a new assembly. I get the error "hasher mismatch". I have no constraint, nothing except 3 parts.

Do you know that issues?
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Matael wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 am When I select a part in an assembly (in the 3D view, not in the tree) and hit the "del" key of my keyboard, Freecad crash.

Actually, I cannot import more than 3 components in a new assembly. I get the error "hasher mismatch". I have no constraint, nothing except 3 parts.

Do you know that issues?
I didn't know. I'll check later. My new topo naming is messing up with my Link. Well, because both of them are doing some 'unnatural' stuff in private.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
Matael

Post by Matael »

realthunder wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:23 am
Matael wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 am Actually, I cannot import more than 3 components in a new assembly. I get the error "hasher mismatch". I have no constraint, nothing except 3 parts.

Do you know that issues?
I didn't know. I'll check later. My new topo naming is messing up with my Link. Well, because both of them are doing some 'unnatural' stuff in private.
So, after some investigation, here are my observations.

Supposing, you have 3 types of parts p1 p2 p3

you can drag and drop as many p1 as you want and drop them into the part folder. Then you can drag and drop a p2, but only one. You cannot more add a p3. (you get the error "hashing mismatch").

how to solve it : Supposing, you already have dragged and dropped a p2 in the part folder, you're blocked. So from here drag and drop them right into "assembly" and it's ok.

My doubts : maybe is it just for me, as I didn't have this issue previously (and I'm pretty sure I dropped them inside the part folder.
I tried with this release and the previous one and I had the same behaviour
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Matael wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 pm you can drag and drop as many p1 as you want and drop them into the part folder. Then you can drag and drop a p2, but only one. You cannot more add a p3. (you get the error "hashing mismatch").
Hashing mismatch error is cause by the external link, which brings a shape from another document with a different hasher than the linking document. This will be fixed in the next release.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

New version released, mostly for fixing bugs caused by the topological naming.
fosselius

Post by fosselius »

Thanks for all the effort, made a small donation to show how happy i am to finally see something that might actually become a "proper" assembly module for FreeCAD, something i have been waiting for and tightly followed since 2012 ;)

Now i almost feel bad that i have not donated to the rest of the developers that work on FreeCAD. well, maybe in the future..
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

fosselius wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:24 am Thanks for all the effort, made a small donation to show how happy i am to finally see something that might actually become a "proper" assembly module for FreeCAD, something i have been waiting for and tightly followed since 2012 ;)

Now i almost feel bad that i have not donated to the rest of the developers that work on FreeCAD. well, maybe in the future..
That is very generous of you. I am happy, too, for you appreciation. I want to say thank you, to you and all the others who have shown their support, and to all who have contributed to FreeCAD. I said this when I made my first contribution, and I'll say it again. I truly believe that FreeCAD can be The CAD of everything.
Zerginator

Post by Zerginator »

A big thank you from me too, I also dropped a small donation (and aswell already did to some other developers where I knew how to do that).
I absolutely appreciate you fantastic work, and really am looking forward to it.
The main missing aspects in FreeCAD for me currently are an Assembly module working for complex assemblies (Assembly2 really is limited here) and a good (means intuitiv and easy to use directly in FreeCAD) implementation of a render workbench.
dyleks

Post by dyleks »

Big thank you from my side as well :!:

I have one question is it possible in near future to repair measurement tool ?
It is one tool I really but really miss in assembly 3.
Or maybe I am doing something wrong ?
It works OK when I am not in assembly container, but when I am inside it it shows some random measurements not related to what I try measure.