OpenFoam, Propeller, SimpleFoam

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

SajjaD

OpenFoam, Propeller, SimpleFoam

Post by SajjaD »

Hello
I'm solving propeller wake by simpleFoam. But there is an error which is in the below:

Time step continuity errors : sum local = 9.00875e+65, global = 2.31536e+52 :shock:, cumulative = 1.8639e+52
So What may cause this problem? How can I fix that?
Thank you all.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: OpenFoam, Propeller, SimpleFoam

Post by chrisb »

Moved to help forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Chris, isn't the Help forum about FreeCAD? This topic has no relevance to FreeCAD. Unless the propeller was designed in FreeCAD, I don't see how this question has any relevance at all to any of the FreeCAD forums.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

I mean, at some point we have to draw a line, if it's not even remotely related to FreeCAD, it has no place on the FreeCAD forum, period.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:19 pm Chris, isn't the Help forum about FreeCAD? This topic has no relevance to FreeCAD. Unless the propeller was designed in FreeCAD, I don't see how this question has any relevance at all to any of the FreeCAD forums.
Oops, I'm afraid I moved the wrong topic. Now looking for the other first post. :oops:
Now I'm unsure if this belongs to open discussion or FEM.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
emills2

Post by emills2 »

chrisb wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 pm Now I'm unsure if this belongs to open discussion or FEM.
CFD sub forum under FEM. Openfoam is accessible in FreeCAD through addon Cfdof.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

moved it again.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

SajjaD wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:06 pm Hello
I'm solving propeller wake by simpleFoam. But there is an error which is in the below:

Time step continuity errors : sum local = 9.00875e+65, global = 2.31536e+52 :shock:, cumulative = 1.8639e+52
So What may cause this problem? How can I fix that?
Thank you all.
Your simulation has diverged. This can occur for many different reasons - it is impossible to give a simple answer. If you are able to share your FreeCAD file I can try to have a quick look at it.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.