Command panel

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Command panel

Post by sgrogan »

triplus wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 pmDone:
Thanks
silopolis wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 am I'd love to be able to add repository URLs in addons manager to add custom modules and then use manager goodness to update and remove them.
I think this is a reasonably feature request. @silopolis can you create a feature request on the tracker?
"fight the good fight"
silopolis

Post by silopolis »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 am I think this is a reasonably feature request. @silopolis can you create a feature request on the tracker?
Done, here 0003330: Add custom/foreign addon via repository URLs in addon-manager - FreeCAD Tracker
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Nice
triplus wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 pmP.S. There is a small issue in light set of stylesheets regarding Selector toolbar. I was hopping you could take a look at it before FreeCAD 0.17 release. That would come down to one less item on the todo list on my side. ;)
Where? I’m not aware of it...
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 am Thanks
You're welcome.
pablogil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:43 am Where? I’m not aware of it...
This looks like a false alarm. As when the selector toolbar is in default state. I thought the darker color is there because it wasn't adjusted for light set of stylesheets. But now i see it is like that by design.

P.S. In the end it still comes down to one item less on the todo list. And that works for me. ;)
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm
sgrogan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 am Thanks
You're welcome.
pablogil wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:43 am Where? I’m not aware of it...
This looks like a false alarm. As when the selector toolbar is in default state. I thought the darker color is there because it wasn't adjusted for light set of stylesheets. But now i see it is like that by design.

P.S. In the end it still comes down to one item less on the todo list. And that works for me. ;)
Hahaha, good to hear that
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm
Can you do that this commands could be invoked (option) with some shortcut key and show under mouse position. This would be perfect for me :) If could contain different icons depending of workbench (automatic) would be additional enchancement.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 am Can you do that this commands could be invoked (option) with some shortcut key and show under mouse position. This would be perfect for me :)

I did think of adding such ability in the past already. But i feel that somehow PieMenu is more suitable for such use case?
If could contain different icons depending of workbench (automatic) would be additional enchancement.
It already does that. ;)
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:13 am I did think of adding such ability in the past already. But i feel that somehow PieMenu is more suitable for such use case?

Yes and no. In SW I use them both for different functions. If this isn't too complicated it would be nice to have it.
triplus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:13 am It already does that. ;)
How to do that? Is the same functionality is applied for piemenu? Because as I checked I couldn't found it.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 am How to do that?
When defining the commands:

You have workbench selector in the top right section of preferences. Therefore first set the desired workbench and after add commands to it.
Is the same functionality is applied for piemenu? Because as I checked I couldn't found it.
Not yet.
efyx

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am
Works like a charm :D please add invoke key and this would be perfect :)

Every now and again I am posting for OK/cancel button under RMB to nawigate without moving mouse to left menu. Do you think such functionality would be usefull in piemenu to accept something or discard?