integration between ose-piping-workbench and flamingo-wb

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
alberich

Re: integration between ose-piping-workbench and flamingo-wb

Post by alberich »

Rus,

Good to hear that work continues. I hope my note helped a bit. I will be watching for your update.
rus

Post by rus »

alberich wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 pm Rus,

Good to hear that work continues. I hope my note helped a bit. I will be watching for your update.
Status update: I finished some migration to uniform pipe format. And I considered bugs, which you reported. Now I try to find out if my dimensions fit ASTM or other standards. After this I will make the elbows compatible with oddtopus' specification. Then I will merge the code into the master branch.
alberich

Post by alberich »

I find that I need wye fittings which are currently not available. It seems like only small mods to the tee code and tables would be required.
rus

Post by rus »

alberich wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:44 pm I find that I need wye fittings which are currently not available. It seems like only small mods to the tee code and tables would be required.
I see. If I will ignore some anomalies which may occur when I just tilt the vertical part by 45° I think I can add a wye.
alberich

Post by alberich »

Maybe it's better use of your time to publish a how-to on creating fitting representations. Then people can contribute to populating libraries of fittings. We get more fittings faster and you avoid the tedium of creating hundreds of listings.
rus

Post by rus »

alberich wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am Maybe it's better use of your time to publish a how-to on creating fitting representations. Then people can contribute to populating libraries of fittings. We get more fittings faster and you avoid the tedium of creating hundreds of listings.
It costs a lot of time too, to write good instruction how to exnsten the workbench ;) . But it could be a good invenstment in spirit of Open Source :) . I agree with you.

I think you can create a wey by taking all my *tee*.py files and replycing them by *wye*.py files. Then add a new command to OSE_CommandsPiping.py and initialize new command in InitGui.py

Maybe, I will later create *template*.py files which anyonce can extend.

There are two main thing wich I want to do:
- migrate elbows to flamingo elbows (my elbows are on x-z plane, flamingo elbows are in x-y plane symetrically to x-y-bisectrix).
- rename classes and modules similarly to other FreeCAD projects.
alberich

Post by alberich »

I'll give that a try.

I'm working with SDR35 drain pipe (thinner than Schedule 40) so I need to extend your library.

This will be a rough draft. I'll do it again after you put up your flamingo-style versions.
rus

Post by rus »

alberich wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:12 pm I'll give that a try.

I'm working with SDR35 drain pipe (thinner than Schedule 40) so I need to extend your library.

This will be a rough draft. I'll do it again after you put up your flamingo-style versions.
If you want to understand what are the building blocks of my fittings. Select "Parts", when creating one. Then you can see the compositions.
For different dimensions, you do not need to extend the library. You can edit the CSV. But if you want to have precise representation of drain pipes (with a broad socket at one end) then you probably need an extension.
rus

Post by rus »

alberich wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am Maybe it's better use of your time to publish a how-to on creating fitting representations. Then people can contribute to populating libraries of fittings. We get more fittings faster and you avoid the tedium of creating hundreds of listings.
The doc directiory contains *-calculations.png files. They contain 2D drawing, axis, and auxiliary points. They helps to explain, where I put elementary parts.
Attachments
elbow-calculations.png
elbow-calculations.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
alberich

Post by alberich »

Excellent. I'll check it out. Thanks.