FreeCAD-Ship not present into windows installer

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sanguinariojoe

FreeCAD-Ship not present into windows installer

Post by sanguinariojoe »

This has been previously reported, but now all FreeCAD-Ship bugs has been fixed, and runs ok into windows (tested with wine). I used the latest windows unstable installer (0.13 - 1486Git)

I have taken a look and windows installable version don't have a lot of modules present at master branch. Is this intentionally? May we perform some stuff in order to be installable?

I'm receiving a lot of notifications of Naval architect partners about this trouble, so is a heavy damage for my module...

Please, help
Jose Luis Cercos Pita
wmayer
Founder

Re: FreeCAD-Ship not present into windows installer

Post by wmayer »

I have taken a look and windows installable version don't have a lot of modules present at master branch. Is this intentionally? May we perform some stuff in order to be installable?
Which module are missing there? Actually the Windows installer should install the same modules as the Linux packages. If there are a lot of missing modules then it might be a Wine problem.
sanguinariojoe

Post by sanguinariojoe »

EDIT: I think that i found it! In order to have the module at the windows installer an .wxi must be created at src/WindowsInstaller, and included at src/WindowsInstaller/FreeCADModules.wxs

So more stuff must be performed. I will work on it and request merge as soon as possible!

------

I dont think so. Here the list of modules found at master branch (folders into Mod path) with windows installed as bold:

Arch
Assembly
Cam
Complete
Draft
Drawing
Fem
ldf
Import
Inspection
JtReader
Machining_Distortion
Mesh
MeshPart
OpenSCAD
Part
PartDesign
ReverseEngineering
Robot
Sandbox
Ship
Sketcher
Start
Surfaces
TemplatePyMod
Test
Web

Regarding Ship module, has been tested at official Windows machines. Seems a little bit strange?

Thanks!
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

OK, the list is quite complete. Modules like Cam, Assembly, JtReader, Sandbox and TemplatePyMod don't need to be installed because they are either pure test modules or don't offer useful functionality.
Modules like Idf, Machining_Distortion, Ship and Surfaces should be included.
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

wmayer wrote:Modules like Idf, Machining_Distortion, Ship and Surfaces should be included.
The installer doesn't contain any icons for the ship WB.
sanguinariojoe

Post by sanguinariojoe »

The installer contains the icons, but is installed on wrong directory.

FreeCAD-Ship tutorials documents this trouble and the solution. Sorry! (Patch is incoming...)
pperisin

Post by pperisin »

I have issues on current master - it fails to create msi windows installer file.