Feature #1632: Allow entering of diameter instead of radius for circle radius constraint

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Feature #1632: Allow entering of diameter instead of radius for circle radius constraint

Post by Kunda1 »

issue #1632: Allow entering of diameter instead of radius for circle radius constraint.
Discussion thread.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Feature #1632: Allow entering of diameter instead of radius for circle radius constraint

Post by Jee-Bee »

+1 but i prefere one button for both options...
something single click is radius
click twice (left+right/ top+ bottom/ same place) is diameter
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Feature #1632: Allow entering of diameter instead of radius for circle radius constraint

Post by chrisb »

I would like to see it in the way e.g. arc works in sketcher: the icon is in a drop down menu and the last selection remains.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm I would like to see it in the way e.g. arc works in sketcher: the icon is in a drop down menu and the last selection remains.
+1 from me for adding a Diameter Constraint, in addition to the existing Radius Constraint.
Another +1 for the icon behavior (similar to Arc, Circle, Conic Section, BSpline, and Polygon tools in Sketcher Geometries) where the last selection is remembered.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi all
This was also discussed some time ago, years, there should be a feature request in the bug tracker. If not someone should create one. This sounds like the sort of thing Abdulla might be interested in doing.
Jim
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

jmaustpc wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm Hi all
This was also discussed some time ago, years, there should be a feature request in the bug tracker. If not someone should create one. This sounds like the sort of thing Abdulla might be interested in doing.
Jim
It's in the thread title: issue #1632 :lol:
Cheers
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm It's in the thread title: issue #1632 :lol:
And issue #2317 as well. Years ago it was promised to be implemented in a couple of days :D . Now I would rather bet on
abdullah wrote:Abdullah
than on nggallaher.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

jmaustpc wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm Hi all
Jim
I'll give it a try...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

abdullah wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm I'll give it a try...
Thanks already for that!
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Something like this?
Dia_constraint.png
Dia_constraint.png (94.7 KiB) Viewed 2778 times