Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by freedman »

NICE! That fixed it. :D
You can disable mouse over highlight by right click anywhere in the tree view, unselect 'Tree options -> Pre-selection'. Maybe there is something wrong with transparent rendering on your machine.
If I remember correctly, when I saw this problem originally I put it on my desktop machine and it did the same thing. I will install back on there tomorrow and let you know.
Thanks a bunch.

I'm hoping this is big upgrade to my cabinet design, framed out of angle iron.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I got so excited I forgot to do what you asked.

I set some tranparencies and they wont apply. The value is changed but no screen change. I use this all the time in normal Freecad and it works great. I brought the test file into normal freecad and tranparencies work. Your call on anything else I can do.

Thanks
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

freedman wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:57 am I set some tranparencies and they wont apply. The value is changed but no screen change. I use this all the time in normal Freecad and it works great. I brought the test file into normal freecad and tranparencies work. Your call on anything else I can do.
In my fork, you need to set the transparency on the Pad object, not the body. This is incompatible with the upstream, and I shall fix that. Please set the transparency on the pad that is not in any group first. Once you see the transparency in effect, please select some of of face and see if anything is wrong. Then, set the transparency on the pad that is in the assembly, and repeat the test. Thanks.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I did that. As long as I do pads all is fine. I changed all 6 solids to 50% and they are as expected.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

freedman wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 am I did that. As long as I do pads all is fine. I changed all 6 solids to 50% and they are as expected.
Hmm...so transparency is not the problem. Maybe something to do with annotation rendering. I did add some custom code to fix transparency rendering in annotation. Can you please try on your desktop and see if you also has this problem when mouse over highlight is enabled?
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Now that I really start looking around, I can't select any faces or edges (clicking) from the workspace. Did I loose that with pre-selection. I was kind-of doing everything from the tree. Hmmm.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Never mind on the selection. I was not in Gesture mode.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I experience the same (graphical) artifacts sometimes with the standard FC. In that objects or parts of it disapear. It happens to me at least on a windows PC. but not sure if it happens also on my mac...
What you can do is open the same model (if it works ...) on plain FC and check if same happens. if True... ask in the open discussion forum..
fosselius

Post by fosselius »

I got simular issues with both standard FC and this fork.
I think it have to do with an issue in Coin3d or OpenCacade.. If view point / zoom level gets to close to a model or you get an "unlucky" angle, the normal of some faces gets flipped and is not rendered.
This is taken straight from memory, and can be completely wrong. But i think the issue have been precent since we bumped a version of a library early during the 0.17 dev circle.

Update: could not find any forum post or issue to support this claim.

Update2: i was refering to a bug in this feature: https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/coin/issue ... erspective
kbwbe
Veteran

Post by kbwbe »

Jee-Bee wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 am I experience the same (graphical) artifacts sometimes with the standard FC. In that objects or parts of it disapear. It happens to me at least on a windows PC. but not sure if it happens also on my mac...
What you can do is open the same model (if it works ...) on plain FC and check if same happens. if True... ask in the open discussion forum..
Hi,
i do not really know if my hint belongs to this problems here within thread.
If had some similar issues within my A2plus project. Parts vanished from view or i could only see parts of it.

In my case, it was caused by invalid placements. Placement.Base had some obscure "nane" entries instead of numerical values.
After fixing this, parts on screen where complete visible again.

If this hint does not apply to the topic, just forget it. ;)
KBWBE

https://github.com/kbwbe/A2plus
latest release: v0.4.56, installable via FreeCAD's addon manager
Tutorial: gripper assembly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxcQ5tssWk
Documentation: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/A2plus_Workbench