PeerTube - distributed open source video hosting

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: PeerTube - distributed open source video hosting

Post by NormandC »

kkremitzki wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 am Self-hosting this would be an interesting option.
Putting the self-hosting option aside for now, have you had a chance to check on what I asked about the forum's video BBCode tag?

NormandC wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 am @Kurt @Yorik: would it be possible to make the forum's video tag compatible with PeerTube?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

NormandC wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 am Putting the self-hosting option aside for now, have you had a chance to check on what I asked about the forum's video BBCode tag?
Haven't had any reply on this from Yorik nor Kurt :cry: , I created a feature request so it doesn't fall into oblivion: issue #3546
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

NormandC wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 pm
NormandC wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 am Putting the self-hosting option aside for now, have you had a chance to check on what I asked about the forum's video BBCode tag?
Haven't had any reply on this from Yorik nor Kurt :cry: , I created a feature request so it doesn't fall into oblivion: issue #3546
Sorry, I saw the original question but wasn't sure so I didn't reply at the time. Anyway, it's unfortunately pretty far from straightforward. This functionality is controlled by the file https://freecadweb.org/js/bbmedia.js, which if you take a look you'll see would be quite a bear to have to work with. AFAIK the author provides it already minified (based on the source here), so as you can see all the variables are renamed a, b, c, etc.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Sorry, hadn't seen this thread either...
Indeed this needs more than just enabling a tag. For the others (youtube, webm, etc) fortunately we have that pluggable js file that handles it, but it is indeed from before peertube appeared. Let's keep an eye open for any phpbb peertube solution out there
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks for your replies guys.

kkremitzki wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 pm This functionality is controlled by the file https://freecadweb.org/js/bbmedia.js, which if you take a look you'll see would be quite a bear to have to work with.
Ouch! :?

One thing I don't understand: using html, the embedding code is quite simple. Why does it need to be so complicated for the forum?

yorik wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:04 pm Let's keep an eye open for any phpbb peertube solution out there
Agreed.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

NormandC wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 pm Thanks for your replies guys.

kkremitzki wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 pm This functionality is controlled by the file https://freecadweb.org/js/bbmedia.js, which if you take a look you'll see would be quite a bear to have to work with.
Ouch! :?

One thing I don't understand: using html, the embedding code is quite simple. Why does it need to be so complicated for the forum?
The extra complexity comes from having to guard against all the ways arbitrary HTML/JS would allow people to put exploits on the forum, essentially.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Oh. I didn't know it was even possible.
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

My new video concerning the new defeaturing tool from the Part workbench:
https://peertube.mastodon.host/videos/w ... d8e6783872

I tried to use PeerTube, not bad for the first test.
The video is in German language.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Congratulations on being the first to post a FreeCAD video on the PeerTube network. ;)

The new defeaturing tool seems very impressive!

Off topic: clearly you are using a SpaceNavigator! I have one that is collecting dust...
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

NormandC wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:36 pm Off topic: clearly you are using a SpaceNavigator! I have one that is collecting dust...
Bingo, yes it is. :lol: