Another approach to assembly solver (A2plus)

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Turro75

Re: Another approach to assembly solver (A2plus)

Post by Turro75 »

kbwbe wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm @Turro75

Hi Turro,
i created a new branch "turro-DOF-1" on Github including your recently changed files.

Doing first tests, there seems to be a problem within the new algorithm. It only solves the parts with distance 1 from fixed Part. Other parts beginning with distance 2 are not moved, but solver gives message "system solved". I attach 2 test assemblies which show this effect on my machine. Perhaps it is only a small bug.

After a quick look at the report-view, the DOF calculation seems to be correct. Only processing of the resulting chain does not work.

FYI: 6DOF-Platform example is solved without any problems. Stage 5 of your new algorithm seems to work.
I think I found the problem,
If You press several time the solver button You'll get it solved one piece at a time.
The rigid misplaced simply has not been updated the placement. Tonight (if not drunk 8-) ) I'll look for a workaround
Turro75

Post by Turro75 »

@Kbwbe

I checked the code but I didn't find anything bad. What happens is that the the movement seems always calculated based on position the rigids had at the time of solver button pressed. Applysolution is surely executed on all rigid and deps. May be I need to recreate from zero self.rigids after each stage?

Any suggestion?
kbwbe
Veteran

Post by kbwbe »

Turro75 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am @Kbwbe

I checked the code but I didn't find anything bad. What happens is that the the movement seems always calculated based on position the rigids had at the time of solver button pressed. Applysolution is surely executed on all rigid and deps. May be I need to recreate from zero self.rigids after each stage?

Any suggestion?
Hi Turro,
i do not really understand the data flow in your new algorithm up to now. I only had some small looks at it and there are a lot of changes. I have some time to check later this afternoon.
Best you compare code with master. Your stages are somehow equal to getCandidates() which project4 made. I think there has not been a complete recreation of self.rigids from zero. But i am not sure at moment...
KBWBE

https://github.com/kbwbe/A2plus
latest release: v0.4.56, installable via FreeCAD's addon manager
Tutorial: gripper assembly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxcQ5tssWk
Documentation: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/A2plus_Workbench
manuelkrause

Post by manuelkrause »

Hi guys!
Thank you for the new code to experiment with.
I don't want to disturb the party, but I had a hard time to get turro-DOF-1 branch to work on here, due to missing parentheses in the print commands.
Attached are a shortlog of the "Workbench failures" (tracebacks omitted) and a linux style .diff patch for the changes needed on here. In the lines Turro commented out still may remain further missing parentheses.

At my first tests I've seen a wrong calculation of "DOF Rotation free" with a plane and a pointIdentity applied, telling it's 0, but in fact there's still one axis to spin around (It's the normal between the plane and the point). Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Manuel
Attachments
Parentheses-20180809.diff.txt
(10.99 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
A2plus-turro-DOF-1-failures.20180809.short-log.txt
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Is it possibel to add A2Plus to the workbench/addon tool?
kbwbe
Veteran

Post by kbwbe »

Jee-Bee wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:46 pm Is it possibel to add A2Plus to the workbench/addon tool?
Hi Jee-Bee,

i intend do do this, but not yet at moment. I want to have the solver running with Turro's improvements. When done, i will ask for inclusion of A2Plus to the addon manager. It is still to early now.
KBWBE

kbwbe
Veteran

Post by kbwbe »

manuelkrause wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm Hi guys!
I don't want to disturb the party, but I had a hard time to get turro-DOF-1 branch to work on here, due to missing parentheses in the print commands.
Attached are a shortlog of the "Workbench failures" (tracebacks omitted) and a linux style .diff patch for the changes needed on here. In the lines Turro commented out still may remain further missing parentheses.

At my first tests I've seen a wrong calculation of "DOF Rotation free" with a plane and a pointIdentity applied, telling it's 0, but in fact there's still one axis to spin around (It's the normal between the plane and the point). Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Manuel
Hi Manuel,
Turros's code is not ready to work with. At first step we will try to get his idea's to run at all, as second step we will refactor the code and clean it up.
KBWBE

manuelkrause

Post by manuelkrause »

kbwbe wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Manuel
Hi Manuel,
Turros's code is not ready to work with. At first step we will try to get his idea's to run at all, as second step we will refactor the code and clean it up.
Hi Klaus,
you already know, that I know that it's experimental, and you also know that this fact doesn't prevent me from testing it... It's more like the contrary. :-D

I've seen another thing: Rotating a part to fulfill a "planesParrallel" results in a visibly(!) bad accuracy (Not seen in devel branch).
Just want to share my findings, so you can fix things early.

Manuel
Turro75

Post by Turro75 »

Manuel
Hi Manuel,

Which python version are You using? I'm working on 2.7.14 on win and I never been noticed about missing parenthesys, I'll pay attention on that in future.

You are right, atm the algorythm isn't able to know if an axis is forced in position by a specific point or it is simply a random axis normal to a plane. I'll fix this. As soon as I get the solver working with a single button press....
Btw I need exactly this kind of suggestion.

Regards
manuelkrause

Post by manuelkrause »

Turro75 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm Hi Manuel,

Which python version are You using? I'm working on 2.7.14 on win and I never been noticed about missing parenthesys, I'll pay attention on that in future.

You are right, atm the algorythm isn't able to know if an axis is forced in position by a specific point or it is simply a random axis normal to a plane. I'll fix this. As soon as I get the solver working with a single button press....
Btw I need exactly this kind of suggestion.

Regards
Hi Turro,

my Python console says: "Python 3.6.5 (default, Mar 31 2018, 19:45:04) [GCC] on linux" -- and in fact I eliminated all (at least I hope so) Python 2 duplicates to Python 3, mainly just to save disk space.

I like to play with the new code and don't see a reason not to point out flaws early, they need to be fixed anyway, earlier or later. ;-)

Thank you for your hard work and good luck!