cfmesh installation issues during CfdOF install

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

u2berggeist

cfmesh installation issues during CfdOF install

Post by u2berggeist »

Hello,

I'm getting some issues with installing cfmesh onto my computer and wondered if anyone might be able to help. I've attached the log file. Note that I tried to install twice, and I believe the log file that was done during the first install was over written.

All I can really tell is that it's failing to make certain files. Other than that, I'm not really sure what's happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For general info, I'm running:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13522 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 3bb5ff4e70c0c526f2d9dd69b1004155b2f527f2
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
OpenFOAMv1712

Here are the contents of the log.Allmake:

Code: Select all

wmake libso meshLibrary
wmake executables
wmake cartesian2DMesh
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/cfmesh-cfdof/executables/cartesian2DMesh'
g++ -std=c++11 -m64 -DOPENFOAM_PLUS=1712 -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-attributes -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -DNoSizeType -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/edgeMesh/lnInclude -I../../meshLibrary/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/cartesian2DMesh.o -L/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib \
    -lmeshTools -lsurfMesh -lfiniteVolume -L/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl  \
     -lm -o /home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesian2DMesh
Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/cartesian2DMesh.o: In function `main':
cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x37a): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::cartesian2DMeshGenerator(Foam::Time const&)'
cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x3ff): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::writeMesh() const'
cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x426): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::~cartesian2DMeshGenerator()'
cartesian2DMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x64c): undefined reference to `Foam::cartesian2DMeshGenerator::~cartesian2DMeshGenerator()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/wmake/makefiles/general:140: recipe for target '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesian2DMesh' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/cfmesh-cfdof/executables/cartesian2DMesh'
make[1]: *** [/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/cartesian2DMesh] Error 1
/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/wmake/makefiles/apps:39: recipe for target 'cartesian2DMesh' failed
make: *** [cartesian2DMesh] Error 2
wmake utilities
wmake checkSurfaceMesh
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/cfmesh-cfdof/utilities/checkSurfaceMesh'
g++ -std=c++11 -m64 -DOPENFOAM_PLUS=1712 -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-attributes -O3  -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -DNoSizeType -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/triSurface/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/surfMesh/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/meshTools/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/edgeMesh/lnInclude -I../../meshLibrary/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/checkSurfaceMesh.o -L/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib \
    -lmeshTools -lsurfMesh -lfiniteVolume -L/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl  \
     -lm -o /home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh
Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/checkSurfaceMesh.o: In function `main':
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x28a): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::triSurf(Foam::fileName const&)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x2f7): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::calculateBoundingBox(Foam::triSurf const&, Foam::boundBox&)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x485): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkSurfaceManifolds(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x578): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkForHoles(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x637): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkForNonManifoldEdges(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x6d8): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkDisconnectedParts(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x782): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkAngles(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x829): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkSelfIntersections(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x8e7): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkOverlaps(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double, double)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x981): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurfaceChecks::checkCollocatedPoints(Foam::triSurf&, Foam::word, double)'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0xa8b): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::writeSurface(Foam::fileName const&) const'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0xab2): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::~triSurf()'
checkSurfaceMesh.C:(.text.startup+0x1013): undefined reference to `Foam::triSurf::~triSurf()'
/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/wmake/makefiles/general:140: recipe for target '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/cfmesh-cfdof/utilities/checkSurfaceMesh'
make[1]: *** [/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/u2berggeist-v1712/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh] Error 1
/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/wmake/makefiles/apps:39: recipe for target 'checkSurfaceMesh' failed
make: *** [checkSurfaceMesh] Error 2
Attachments
log.Allwmake.txt
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
u2berggeist

Re: cfmesh installation issues during CfdOF install

Post by u2berggeist »

Also, I did the dependency check just for fun and got the following message:

Code: Select all

Checking CFD workbench dependencies...
Checking FreeCAD version
Checking for OpenFOAM:
Running  echo $WM_PROJECT_VERSION
Raw command:  ['bash', '-c', 'source "/home/u2berggeist/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/etc/bashrc" && echo $WM_PROJECT_VERSION']
v1712
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/u2berggeist/.FreeCAD/Mod/CfdOF/CfdPreferencePage.py", line 126, in runDependencyChecker
    msg = CfdTools.checkCfdDependencies()
  File "/home/u2berggeist/.FreeCAD/Mod/CfdOF/CfdTools.py", line 803, in checkCfdDependencies
    if foam_ver != 'dev' and foam_ver != 'plus' and int(foam_ver.split('.')[0]) < 4:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'v1712'
I'm guessing I'm only supposed to use OpenFOAM from the foundation rather than ESI? Regardless, I'm installing 5.0 now just in case.
u2berggeist

Post by u2berggeist »

Installing OpenFOAM 5.0, then using the builtin cfmesh installer worked for me. No more issues!!
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

u2berggeist wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 pm Installing OpenFOAM 5.0, then using the builtin cfmesh installer worked for me. No more issues!!
I have updated our cfMesh fork to support v1712, but you are correct that we only 'officially' support v5 as we don't do testing on the other versions.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
u2berggeist

Post by u2berggeist »

Thanks for the update.

I checked to see if the v1712 would work (just to check more than anything else). Running the dependency checker still comes up with the error for the version. ie. the can't convert 'v1712' to a integer.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

u2berggeist wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm Thanks for the update.

I checked to see if the v1712 would work (just to check more than anything else). Running the dependency checker still comes up with the error for the version. ie. the can't convert 'v1712' to a integer.
Did you update the workbench? This should be fixed.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
u2berggeist

Post by u2berggeist »

Ah, I didn't update it. Once I updated it, the v1712 directory works fine now.
wafi

Post by wafi »

hm, I running into same problems after updating to Ubuntu 18.4
It seems that I am not able to install cfmesh without errors, here the erroro message during installation process, of cause I installed openfoam 5 first:

L/home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl \
-lm -o /home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lmeshTools kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -ltriSurface kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lfiniteVolume kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lmeshLibrary kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lOpenFOAM kann nicht gefunden werden
make[1]: *** [/home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh] Error 1

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13528 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 5c3f7bf8ec51e2c7187789f7edba71a7aa82a88b
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

wafi wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 pm hm, I running into same problems after updating to Ubuntu 18.4
It seems that I am not able to install cfmesh without errors, here the erroro message during installation process, of cause I installed openfoam 5 first:

L/home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib -lmeshLibrary -lOpenFOAM -ldl \
-lm -o /home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lmeshTools kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -ltriSurface kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lfiniteVolume kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lmeshLibrary kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: -lOpenFOAM kann nicht gefunden werden
make[1]: *** [/home/peter/OpenFOAM/peter-5.x/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/checkSurfaceMesh] Error 1
Not sure what could be going on here. Could you include the previous few lines of output that are produced?

Also, could you include the output that is produced on the report view when you run the dependency check?
wafi

Post by wafi »

Hi,

just played arround and re- installed, but without big sucsess only the error message is changing.

Dependencie checker states:
Checking dependencies...
No missing dependencies detected

Now, when I try to mesh something:

Starting meshing ...

Part to mesh: Name --> BooleanFragments, Label --> BooleanFragments, ShapeType --> Compound
CharacteristicLengthMax: 115.2
ElementDimension: 3D
No mesh regions.
Populating mesh dictionaries in folder /tmp/meshCase
Successfully wrote meshCase to folder /tmp/meshCase
cfMesh and snappyHexMesh do not accept boolean fragments.Executing: bash -c cd "/tmp/meshCase" && ./Allmesh
Finish Editing BooleanFragments_Mesh

.... unfortunately without mesh. If I try to mesh with gmsh
it`s stated that opencascade is necessary to run gmsh