Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by realthunder »

kwahoo wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 pm Hi,
Another report for the module:

AxialAlightment constraint fail to solve in some cases when two cylindrical faces are used to define the constraint.
Because it conflicts with the PlaneAlginemnt constraint. Simply replace both constraints with a single PlaneCoincident constraint.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wsteffe wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 pm Hello I am getting the folowing error message (repeated several times) inside of the Report view:
Show.TempoVis.isIn3DView error: No module named pivy

But all seems working well. Am I missing something ?
Assembly3 does not use pivy, but you will not be able to use some other workbenches, like Draft and Arch. See here for instruction.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
fosselius

Post by fosselius »

Maybe we should refer to looo:s py3 fork?
https://github.com/FreeCAD/pivy

@realthunder, how do you feel about basing the appimages on python 3?
The reason is that your fork will most likely not be merged until FreeCAD have already moved to python 3 anyway, and you might actually have more testers on your appimages then the python 3 releases of FreeCAD that are made..
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Thanks realthunder,

actually pivy is included in ubuntu 18.04
I have installed it with "sudo apt-gey install python-pivy"
and the error message disappeared.
kwahoo

Post by kwahoo »

realthunder wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 pm Because it conflicts with the PlaneAlginemnt constraint. Simply replace both constraints with a single PlaneCoincident constraint.
Thanks,
PlaneCoincident works. I used circular edges, since it does not work for cylindrical faces. Is it a correct approach?
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

kwahoo wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:45 am Thanks,
PlaneCoincident works. I used circular edges, since it does not work for cylindrical faces. Is it a correct approach?
Yes. You can use the Offset property of PlaneCoincident constraint to move that little plug up and down. If you want free movement of the plug along its cylindrical axis, then you should replace PlaneCoincident with AxialAlignment. You don't need to change anything, just the ConstraintType property of the constraint.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

New version released

Expression now support link and sub object. It will try to resolve a the property from the linked object. To refer to a sub-object, use the following syntax

Code: Select all

group.<<child.grandchild>>.property

group.<<$child_label.$grandchild_label>>.property

.<<my_child.my_grandchild>>.property

# For assembly container/link group/link array, you can also use integer index, such as below,
# where 0 is the first child of the assembly, which is always the constraint group. Use $ to refer by label.

assembly.<<0.$PlaneConincident>>.Angle

In case of external linked objects, using sub-object is sometimes the only way to refer to those objects, especially for multi-level linking. You can't directly refer to an external object. You can use docname#objname syntax, but with multi-level linking, it is much easier to use sub-object.

TechDraw also supports link and sub objects now,

jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

Hi,
I've been working on another topic for some time, but I'm still very much attentive to the development of ASM3.
I have a problem however: the images you provide are going too fast for me!
I have found a way to start the first image, but the scroll is too fast for me, and as we can not put a picture gif paused, I am forced to restart each time at the beginning.
If you could make videos available for download in another format that can be played with a possible pause, I would be particularly pleased!
Unless you know a converter (free of course if possible), I'll manage.
I have a program (Camtasia Studio), for which I acquired a license he has years for my work, but oddly he rarely reads your files gif ...

Thank you very much.
My website : http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr updated 2023/11/06
Mark Szlazak

Post by Mark Szlazak »

jpg87 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm Hi,
I've been working on another topic for some time, but I'm still very much attentive to the development of ASM3.
I have found a way to start the first image, but the scroll is too fast for me, and as we can not put a picture gif paused, I am forced to restart each time at the beginning.
If you could make videos available for download in another format that can be played with a possible pause, I would be particularly pleased!
I have a program (Camtasia Studio), for which I acquired a license he has years for my work, but oddly he rarely reads your files gif ...

Thank you very much.
I emphatically second that!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

jpg87 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm Hi,

Thank you very much.
try smplayer https://portableapps.com/apps/music_vid ... r_portable
it can open and play gifs
Handbrake can convert gif to MP4
https://handbrake.fr/