bernd
Veteran

Re: ifcPlusPlus

Post by bernd »

cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

bernd wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:13 pm @cadgiru

just try to edit the cmakelists.txt to your cmake version. Ifcpp should compile with lower cmake too. Try my repo since it is tested on linux gcc.
Changed in ./build_ifcpp/ifcpp/ifcplusplus/CMakeLists.txt
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 3.5.1)
# CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 3.7.2)

Still get error
-----------------------------------------
-- Boost version: 1.58.0
CMake Error at IfcPlusPlus/CMakeLists.txt:1 (CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED):
CMake 3.7.2 or higher is required. You are running version 3.5.1

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/peter/Documents/build_ifcpp/ifcpp/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
-------------------------------

Total noob at this....

regards
Attachments
CMakeOutput.log
(40.27 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pmRegarding the packaging: this looks like a job for me! Should I go ahead and try to get IFC++ in via the Debian Science Team?
That would be wonderful! Another strong candidate would be IfcOpenShell, this would enable IFC import/export automatically for all deian/ubuntu users. And I think both being packaged would be a pretty noticeable BIM (how the construction world calls CAD nowadays :roll:) push into the Linux universe. Both IFC++ and IfcOpenShell are mostly one-person projects (excepting Bernd's constant support of course ;) ), so I guess both are easy to speak to and make adaptations upsteam if needed.
cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

yorik wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pmRegarding the packaging: this looks like a job for me! Should I go ahead and try to get IFC++ in via the Debian Science Team?
That would be wonderful! Another strong candidate would be IfcOpenShell, this would enable IFC import/export automatically for all deian/ubuntu users. And I think both being packaged would be a pretty noticeable BIM (how the construction world calls CAD nowadays :roll:) push into the Linux universe. Both IFC++ and IfcOpenShell are mostly one-person projects (excepting Bernd's constant support of course ;) ), so I guess both are easy to speak to and make adaptations upsteam if needed.
Yes Would be great...

Have tried all I can think of, but that's obviously not enough..
Ended with (short exert)
[100%] Building CXX object examples/SimpleViewerExampleQt/CMakeFiles/SimpleViewerExample.dir/src/viewer/ViewerWidget.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable ../../Release/SimpleViewerExample
CMakeFiles/SimpleViewerExample.dir/src/moc_IfcPlusPlusSystem.cpp.o: In function `osgGA::EventHandler::isSameKindAs(osg::Object const*) const':
moc_IfcPlusPlusSystem.cpp:(.text._ZNK5osgGA12EventHandler12isSameKindAsEPKN3osg6ObjectE[_ZNK5osgGA12EventHandler12isSameKindAsEPKN3osg6ObjectE]+0xf): undefined reference to `typeinfo for osgGA::EventHandler'

Since this is not stopping me, I will be patient..

Regards
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Do you use osg-dev package from ubuntu? AFAIK, you need to build osg your self because the osg-dev package from debian and ubuntu are linked against Qt4 but we gone use Qt5. This may help too ... https://github.com/berndhahnebach/ifcpl ... /README.md and https://gist.github.com/berndhahnebach/ ... 3da1b1b95a
cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

bernd wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:32 pm Do you use osg-dev package from ubuntu? AFAIK, you need to build osg your self because the osg-dev package from debian and ubuntu are linked against Qt4 but we gone use Qt5. This may help too ... https://github.com/berndhahnebach/ifcpl ... /README.md and https://gist.github.com/berndhahnebach/ ... 3da1b1b95a
Probably Yes.... thx, wil give it another go
cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

New run of Stretch--ifcplusplus.sh

Now on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Compiling seams to be ok, but launching gives me

SimpleViewerExampled: error while loading shared libraries: libcarved.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

regards
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

do you have a libcarved.so together with the SimpleViewerExample executable in Release subfolder?
cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

yorik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:27 pm do you have a libcarved.so together with the SimpleViewerExample executable in Release subfolder?
wget http://www.digital210king.org/downloader.php?file=24
--2018-08-30 20:13:31-- http://www.digital210king.org/downloader.php?file=24
Resolving www.digital210king.org (www.digital210king.org)... 208.109.181.195
Connecting to www.digital210king.org (www.digital210king.org)|208.109.181.195|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers.

Not really a problem, but being part of script, a user would expect it to work

Last line of output from script, apart from 'king' that didn't connect..
Set runtime path of "/usr/local/bin/SimpleViewerExampled" to ""

sudo find / -type f -name "libcarved.so"
/usr/local/lib/libcarved.so

regards