FreeCAD coach needed

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jan123

FreeCAD coach needed

Post by Jan123 »

Hello Everyone,

After some web research and testing with other software I finally found FreeCAD. My goal is to develop and design models that I later want to build from wood.
My first project to learn FreeCAD is to design a simple boat hull. I watched a bunch of tutorials, read blogs and a lot of posts here in this forum.
I started to draw and found for every problem a solution by web research to find a new problem right afterwards 😉
So now I am looking for a coach who can guide me through this project and give me some advice for the first steps in FreeCAD.
I would prefer German as language but English is also fine.
I would be happy if someone is interested. In this case please send me a pm to discuss further details and of course your payment.

Happy designing,
Jan.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD coach needed

Post by chrisb »

Hi Jan, welcome. There is a german subforum too: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=13
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jan123

Post by Jan123 »

Hi Chris,

thanks for the hint :) Found that one too but there is no job offer thread. But will post it there now in German too.

Regards,
Jan
hammax
Veteran

Post by hammax »

Jan123

Post by Jan123 »

hammax wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:59 am … what about that?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22148
Thanks! I already stumbled over that and now after a closer view there seems to be a lot being useful to help me further :)
hammax
Veteran

Post by hammax »

… what kind of boat?
Feel free to post under the above theme (I don't complain over "kidnapping it") or open a new one.
I'm also interested in this matter - "Coaching" ok.
Jan123

Post by Jan123 »

hammax wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:51 pm … what kind of boat?
Feel free to post under the above theme (I don't complain over "kidnapping it") or open a new one.
I'm also interested in this matter - "Coaching" ok.
Hi Hammax,

thanks for your reply! Meanwhile I made it to learn the basics and started to design my boat.

Best regards,
Jan