ESC button in Sketch

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: ESC button in Sketch

Post by Jee-Bee »

Weird from start menu didn't expect that one...

If it's not in the short cut menu it is probably hardcoded....
PaFe

Post by PaFe »

So maybe it is possible to open a feature request to make this behaviour configurable by the user?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

PaFe wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:33 pm So maybe it is possible to open a feature request to make this behaviour configurable by the user?
I have checked: I can assign a key, e.g. Cmd+Esc (Mac equivalent to Ctrl+Esc) to exit sketcher. But the Esc key alone leaves Sketcher as well. So a feature request would just remove the escape key. As PaFe has originally proposed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Created ticket issue #3579.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
PaFe

Post by PaFe »

chrisb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:52 pm Created ticket issue #3579.
Great! Thank you so much
efyx

Post by efyx »

I would like to use this opportunity and stand for use space or enter for recall last tool as in autocad it is. What do you think?
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

efyx wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:45 pm I would like to use this opportunity and stand for use space or enter for recall last tool as in autocad it is. What do you think?
For all of FreeCAD, or only for Sketcher? Spacebar is already used to toggle visibility, and for Sketcher-only behavior I'd have to experiment with continuous mode a bit before offering an opinion...
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Autocad is/was a keyboard prone software.
Most 3d cad are more mouse prone ... so if aso function excist I would expect and prefer it on the mouse button what I used for closing a function.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

efyx wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:45 pm I would like to use this opportunity and stand for use space or enter for recall last tool as in autocad it is. What do you think?
Bejant mentioned continuous mode: without having selected any element click on one of the constraints, e.g. "vertical". Next you can click one by one all lines to be vertical.
efyx

Post by efyx »

Thanks for your voice. It is quite convincing, but still RMB has no good functionality. There should be "OK" and "Cancel" button obligatory to steer whole FreeCAD functions.
bejant wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 am For all of FreeCAD, or only for Sketcher? Spacebar is already used to toggle visibility, and for Sketcher-only behavior I'd have to experiment with continuous mode a bit before offering an opinion...
Continuous mode is really good, sketcher and especially Techdraw (where you need to select line and then dimension) should have it for sure.