Problem with recompute dimensions ;/

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bridge

Problem with recompute dimensions ;/

Post by bridge »

Hello I have problem with recompute dimensions in Drawing Dimensioning , when using r.d radius arrow go to one point ?
drawingdimmension.png
drawingdimmension.png (47.32 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Sugestion ?
Thank you for your help :)

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.17.13528 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 5c3f7bf8ec51e2c7187789f7edba71a7aa82a88b
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: Polish/Poland (pl_PL)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Problem with recompute dimensions ;/

Post by chrisb »

bridge wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:55 pm Hello I have problem with recompute dimensions in Drawing Dimensioning
Drawing workbench and Drawing Dimensioning are outdated nowadays. TechDraw is in many ways much more advanced than the afore mentioned combination. Especially the recompute works much better. I would recommend to give it a try.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hi,

I'm not certain of the nature of your problem. Did you add radius dimensions to different edges, then they all got switched to the same edge after a recompute?

Unfortunately, the author of Drawing Dimensioning stopped its development 2 years ago, and nobody volunteered to pick it up. I doubt that you will get help solving this issue.

On the other hand, when a fillet is the same in multiple places in a part, by common convention you only create one dimension and add "typical" or "typ." to the label, so you don't clutter the drawing view. So the dimension would read "R0.2 (typ.)" (with or without parenthesis)

chrisb wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:54 pm TechDraw is in many ways much more advanced than the afore mentioned combination.
Unfortunately, regarding dimensioning, it is still missing a lot of tools that Drawing Dimensioning offers. Hopefully they will get added in the future. That being said, I see nothing in bridge's screen capture that cannot be done already in TechDraw.
bridge

Post by bridge »

Hello, I changed the dimension exactly 4.2 to 4.6 in the sketch and wanted to update and after this operation such an effect, all dimensions were on their own and the ones that dimensioned the rays came together in one place.
Tech draw, for example, has no possibility of inserting tolerances, how can I create a table in this WB and another additional advantage of DD. is that I can give the symbols of groove, welding, etc. Maybe there is some way I do not know because I'm a very beginner Freecad thank you very much for your help
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bridge wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 pm ...I can give the symbols of groove, welding, etc. Maybe there is some way I do not know
You can add additional symbols: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 17#p247117
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bridge

Post by bridge »

ok thank you, one more question where I can find a database of GDT symbols in svg format. GDT as WB does not work on me, gets an error message:

App::Document::recompute(): cyclic dependency detected
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\pawel\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\GDT\GDT.py", line 1171, in updateData
fp.circumferenceBool = True if (True in [l.Closed for l in fp.faces[0][0].Shape.getElement(fp.faces[0][1]).Edges] and len(fp.faces[0][0].Shape.getElement(fp.faces[0][1]).Vertexes) == 2) else False
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: argument 1 must be string, not tuple
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\pawel\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\GDT\GDT.py", line 1451, in createObject
obj = makeDatumFeature(self.textName, self.ContainerOfData)
File "C:\Users\pawel\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\GDT\GDT.py", line 834, in makeDatumFeature
makeAnnotation(ContainerOfData.faces, ContainerOfData.annotationPlane, DF=obj, GT=[])
File "C:\Users\pawel\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\GDT\GDT.py", line 1243, in makeAnnotation
obj.p1 = (obj.faces[0][0].Shape.getElement(obj.faces[0][1]).CenterOfMass).projectToPlane(obj.AP.PointWithOffset, obj.AP.Direction)
TypeError: argument 1 must be string, not tuple
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

chrisb wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 pm You can add additional symbols:
Quite a hassle though.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:20 pm Quite a hassle though.
You do this only if you really need it.