product data management (PDM) for FreeCAD?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
oriolsierra

product data management (PDM) for FreeCAD?

Post by oriolsierra »

Hello,

I am a recent user of FreeCAD under Linux, and I am very impressed about it. Congratulations to the developers team, really... very useful.

I wonder if there is a product data management (PDM) program in open source that would help me to manage the different FreeCAD files (.FCStd) created for a product.

It would store the different revisions of the components of an assembly. Ideally, it would be used also to load into FreeCAD a number of FreeCAD files to see the final assembly of a certain revision level.

Sorry if my question is basic!

ThX,

Oriol
--
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (Lao Tzu)
amunizp

Re: product data management (PDM) for FreeCAD?

Post by amunizp »

nemesis

Post by nemesis »

oriolsierra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm Hello,

I am a recent user of FreeCAD under Linux, and I am very impressed about it. Congratulations to the developers team, really... very useful.

I wonder if there is a product data management (PDM) program in open source that would help me to manage the different FreeCAD files (.FCStd) created for a product.

It would store the different revisions of the components of an assembly. Ideally, it would be used also to load into FreeCAD a number of FreeCAD files to see the final assembly of a certain revision level.

Sorry if my question is basic!

ThX,

Oriol
I just found this
http://www.becpg.net/contribs
absolutely not Mechanical engineering oriented, but maybe usable... no idea.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Just find this one :
looks alive
https://bitbucket.org/ocyssau/rbsier
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

A friend and I have been researching using libpqxx (C++ bindings for PostgreSQL) to make CAD extensions for Postgres based on OpenCASCADE. This would have a lot of potential as the basis for a PDM/PLM in the future.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
foadsf

Post by foadsf »

Here on this Reddit post, I have listed all the FLOSS PDM/PLM software I could find. The post is archived, so feel free to reply to this Tweet or ping me here on the FreeCAD Discord channel, if I didn't respond here.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs