File conversion expertise

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Bruce Ryan

File conversion expertise

Post by Bruce Ryan »

Require FreeCAD expert to convert a 10mb .IGS file to an Autocad .DWG or .DFX file.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: File conversion expertise

Post by chrisb »

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum.
You can import IGES. AFIK you can export only 2D DXF.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Bruce Ryan

Post by Bruce Ryan »

chrisb wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:02 pm Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum.
chrisb wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:02 pm Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum.
And this is beyond my expertise. Interested in helping out?
My interest is in advancing the project, not learning CAD systems. We are involved in a design project. I need additional work done to advance the project.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Assuming the IGS file contains 3D data, FreeCAD cannot export 3D data to DWG nor to DXF, if "DFX" was a typo. A commercial program is needed.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NormandC wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:24 am Assuming the IGS file contains 3D data, FreeCAD cannot export 3D data to DWG nor to DXF, if "DFX" was a typo. A commercial program is needed.
Bruce Ryan wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 pm My interest is in advancing the project, not learning CAD systems. We are involved in a design project. I need additional work done to advance the project.
See here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30601 .sat is a 3D .dxf, sortof :?
"fight the good fight"
Bruce Ryan

Post by Bruce Ryan »

It is definitely a 3-D model of an agricultural processing machine. Can you suggest a solution?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

You need to find someone with access to a commercial program that can import IGS and export to 3D DWG/DXF.

I have access to commercial CAD software at work and I'm willing to give it a shot if it doesn't take too long, but I can't export to 3D DWG/DXF, only to SAT. AutoCAD can import ACIS (*.sat) files, if that's the software being used.
anna

Post by anna »

Bruce Ryan wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:58 pm Require FreeCAD expert to convert a 10mb .IGS file to an Autocad .DWG or .DFX file.
Hi Bruce,
Please check your PM.
BR,
Anna