Launcher

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
efyx

Re: Launcher

Post by efyx »

triplus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am
Can you think instead of launcher button use option in preferences to appears when start typing. That would be very fast IMO (switch off existing shortcuts). What do you think?
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am That would be very fast IMO (switch off existing shortcuts). What do you think?
You can now (additionally to using shortcuts overlay feature) set custom global or per workbench shortcuts scheme in a rather straightforward and seamless way:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 60#p231862

Hard to get more custom tailored and faster than that.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 am
I have launcher installed.
ctrl+shft+Q does not invoke it. I can see it in the sidebar though when i enabled it in the sidebar.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm I have launcher installed.
Great.
ctrl+shft+Q does not invoke it. I can see it in the sidebar though when i enabled it in the sidebar.
That is correct as it sets the focus on Launcher. Therefore after using this shortcut key combination the focus will be set on Launcher and you can start typing in the search term.

P.S. There will be an end user option in the future. To choose between Launcher widget inside a dock widget (setting focus) or Launcher widget in a menu container (therefore invokable).
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm
Kunda1 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm I have launcher installed.
Great.
That is correct as it sets the focus on Launcher. Therefore after using this shortcut key combination the focus will be set on Launcher and you can start typing in the search term.

P.S. There will be an end user option in the future. To choose between Launcher widget inside a dock widget (setting focus) or Launcher widget in a menu container (therefore invokable).`
Thanks!
Also I'm in the arch workbench and I want to say.... invoke the Arch Rebar function. The only thing that comes up is Arch. There is not list of Arch command to choose from. Is that by design ?
launcher-demo.gif
launcher-demo.gif (117 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm Thanks!
You're welcome.
Also I'm in the arch workbench and I want to say.... invoke the Arch Rebar function. The only thing that comes up is Arch. There is not list of Arch command to choose from.
Try the Custom Rebar. As for saying it out loud. I did research if i could add support. But unfortunately Qt is still lacking in "speech to text" support.
Is that by design ?
Basically i use standard Qt behavior and have waited for Qt5 to add more options in this area:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 64#p158743

That is in Qt5 it should be rather straightforward (need to test it now when Qt5 took off) to add support for searching the term in "the middle" of some string (like the command name). But it didn't happen yet. Due to working on other modules and lack of demand in the past. But it will happen before declaring the Launcher related work to be considered done.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 pm
kunda1 wrote: Also I'm in the arch workbench and I want to say.... invoke the Arch Rebar function. The only thing that comes up is Arch. There is not list of Arch command to choose from.
Try the Custom Rebar. As for saying it out loud. I did research if i could add support. But unfortunately Qt is still lacking in "speech to text" support.
There is a language barrier here. I didn't mean 'and I want to say....' literally to actually talk out loud. I was using it a way to discuss a hypothetical example... So I was trying to convey the that if I wanted to access the Arch Rebar function for something that I could start typing the command in to Launcher and it would immediately find the command and set my pointer to it. Makes sense ?

Edit: Ok, so typing Custom Rebar in to Launcher did the thing I was looking for. Thanks.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Qt 5.2 and up.png
Qt 5.2 and up.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
When using Qt 5.2 and up now it is enough for the search term to be contained in the command name. Therefore you don't need to know the exact name of the command (by typing it in from the start).
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

triplus wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:25 am Qt 5.2 and up.png

When using Qt 5.2 and up now it is enough for the search term to be contained in the command name. Therefore you don't need to know the exact name of the command (by typing it in from the start).
Awesome!
[ds]

Post by [ds] »

Hey there!
Handy toolbar for sure! Thanks a lot!
But it seems, in Windows selecting the tools with Enter-Key doesn't work. So you need to click, what undermines its potential.

Is there a solution for that? Or any idea, for a work around?