UAV-tutorial / compressible-solver

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

shIxx

Re: UAV-tutorial / compressible-solver

Post by shIxx »

thschrader wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:48 pm Wind on building, comparison of Hisa/simpleFoam solvers.
House 8x8x6,5 m (simulation at half body for saving computing time)
Inlet: v=42 m/s (150 km/h)
Fluid air, temperature 290 K.
Mesher: snappyhexmesh with refinement zones.

Hisa: resulting force on building 72 kN, drag-coefficient 1,27
simplefoam: 65 kN force, drag coefficient 1,14.
According to my DIN-manual, the correct drag-coefficient is between
1,2-1,3 (depending on roof-tilt)
Can you please share both files. I am new to HiSA and I would like to study the boundary conditions and also the different results comparing HiSA and simplFOAM.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

shIxx wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:56 pm Can you please share both files. I am new to HiSA and I would like to study the boundary conditions and also the different results comparing HiSA and simplFOAM.
Sorry, deleted. ;)
But I can reconstruct the sim. OK?
atchuy

Post by atchuy »

wow thanks for your sharing ! it's very useful !
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

found the house geometry...
house.FCStd
(19.99 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
shIxx

Post by shIxx »

thschrader wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 am found the house geometry...
house.FCStd
Thank you very much for sharing.
I have another issue now. I wanted to make a similar simulation as your bullet case. I noticed that my HiSA solver was not installed properly so I reinstalled it. But there is always an error that doesn't let me install HiSA. Although "install completed" is shown, the installation is faulty. I don't understand why.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14928 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 3d833e52df450cb98c1dacd0a3d17b439217a4c0
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Attachments
checking-dependencies.JPG
checking-dependencies.JPG (27.63 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
HiSA-install-error.JPG
HiSA-install-error.JPG (326.32 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

shIxx wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:56 pm Can you please share both files. I am new to HiSA and I would like to study the boundary conditions and also the different results comparing HiSA and simplFOAM.
rebuilt Hisa-case.
house_hisa.FCStd
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
EDIT: rebuilt simpleFoam-case too
house_simpleFoam.FCStd
(36.73 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
done with
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14825 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: a0ff629747d5d73567075821852a8cdaadcf51c5
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

shIxx wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:31 pm
Thank you very much for sharing.
I have another issue now. I wanted to make a similar simulation as your bullet case. I noticed that my HiSA solver was not installed properly so I reinstalled it. But there is always an error that doesn't let me install HiSA. Although "install completed" is shown, the installation is faulty. I don't understand why.
This is very strange. Would you mind uploading the entire output of the report view so that I can see what the initial error is.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
shIxx

Post by shIxx »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:58 am This is very strange. Would you mind uploading the entire output of the report view so that I can see what the initial error is.
I attached the report files. Once from the installation and once from the dependencie check
Attachments
dependencie-check.txt
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
HiSA-install.txt
(25.69 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

shIxx wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:02 am
oliveroxtoby wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:58 am This is very strange. Would you mind uploading the entire output of the report view so that I can see what the initial error is.
I attached the report files. Once from the installation and once from the dependencie check
Thank you. All I can think of is that it has somehow got into a half-built state. Could you try deleting the entire C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master directory and try again? Please let me know if this works so that I can make it do this automatically.

If not, could you check if the file C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master\src\preconditioners\lnInclude\preconditioner.H exists? And the file C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master\src\preconditioners\preconditioner\preconditioner.H?

Finally can you try running the app "blueCFD core terminal" from the start menu, then type

Code: Select all

cd blueCFD/ofuser-of5/hisa-master
./Allwmake
And see if you get any build errors.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
shIxx

Post by shIxx »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:51 pm Thank you. All I can think of is that it has somehow got into a half-built state. Could you try deleting the entire C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master directory and try again? Please let me know if this works so that I can make it do this automatically.

If not, could you check if the file C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master\src\preconditioners\lnInclude\preconditioner.H exists? And the file C:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017\ofuser-of5\hisa-master\src\preconditioners\preconditioner\preconditioner.H?

Finally can you try running the app "blueCFD core terminal" from the start menu, then type

Code: Select all

cd blueCFD/ofuser-of5/hisa-master
./Allwmake
And see if you get any build errors.
Deleting the hisa-master folder has led to less errors (I think). Nevertheless, it showed a few red lines:
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\FreeCAD_0.18.14928_x64_dev_win\bin\lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\FreeCAD_0.18.14928_x64_dev_win\bin\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\thoma\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\CfdOF\WindowsRunWrapper.py", line 50, in processStderr
sys.stderr.write(output.decode())
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 46: ordinal not in range(128)

The folder \lnInclude is empty.
\preconditioner\preconditioner.H exists and has 6kb
The whole output of the blueCFD core terminal is attached . Some fatal errors are shown!
preconditioner.H and the report view of the HiSa installation are also attached.
Attachments
Hisa-install-report.txt
(93.06 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
preconditioner.H
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
blueCFD-terminal.txt
(6.77 KiB) Downloaded 49 times