0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: 0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Post by kkremitzki »

Part of the problem is that we have no granularity in admin rights--being able to add wiki extensions requires full FTP access which is basically everything on all sites (forum, wiki, etc.) so delegating is risky, even just in terms of giving someone possibly unexperienced a way to mess things up. This is a consequence of our shared hosting setup but moving away from it just yet is not feasible, unfortunately. (Although I'd like to experimentally move the tracker to the Frankfurt Digital Ocean machine I'm paying for with my Patreon soonish.) I do indeed have a big backlog of sysadmin tasks, I'll try to knock a bunch of them out at once soon.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: 0003054: Sketcher - List of important but empty wiki pages that need contents

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:17 am Part of the problem is that we have no granularity in admin rights--being able to add wiki extensions requires full FTP access which is basically everything on all sites (forum, wiki, etc.) so delegating is risky, even just in terms of giving someone possibly unexperienced a way to mess things up. This is a consequence of our shared hosting setup but moving away from it just yet is not feasible, unfortunately. (Although I'd like to experimentally move the tracker to the Frankfurt Digital Ocean machine I'm paying for with my Patreon soonish.) I do indeed have a big backlog of sysadmin tasks, I'll try to knock a bunch of them out at once soon.
Sorry for the mounting pressure from my end. I will stop kvetching :oops:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:17 am Part of the problem is that we have no granularity in admin rights--being able to add wiki extensions requires full FTP access which is basically everything on all sites (forum, wiki, etc.) so delegating is risky, even just in terms of giving someone possibly unexperienced a way to mess things up. This is a consequence of our shared hosting setup but moving away from it just yet is not feasible, unfortunately. (Although I'd like to experimentally move the tracker to the Frankfurt Digital Ocean machine I'm paying for with my Patreon soonish.) I do indeed have a big backlog of sysadmin tasks, I'll try to knock a bunch of them out at once soon.
Moderate kvetching is OK as it helps remind me of things which others feel are nagging issues to themselves. Just trying to explain some of the constraints.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm
Forgive the double-reply, but by the way, it also would be very appreciated if there are any outstanding issues or things people need me to address, if they can get converted to issues in MantisBT and assigned to me, I can keep track of them better, and it'll help us document changes we make.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:45 am Forgive the double-reply
and @Kunda1 as well

Congratulations, you are the first one to receive this pre-written reply that I will systematically and relentlessly post when I see needless and undesirable quoting. I am quite tired of it!!!

Please avoid quoting whole replies. It contributes nothing useful to a topic and only serves to make the topic needlessly longer. We do not need to see what someone wrote twice, along with the people they quoted. Since you replied immediately after the other person's reply, no quoting was necessary. Otherwise, please only quote the relevant part of a reply. Thank you.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Thanks for your patch. So is there a legit wiki page for Sketcher_CompConstrainRadDia ?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
qurn

Post by qurn »

No, i didn't see it anywhere. I got the "legit" phrasing by the calling command-name "CmdSketcherCompConstrainRadDia". That way it is consistent.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

qurn wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm No, i didn't see it anywhere. I got the "legit" phrasing by the calling command-name "CmdSketcherCompConstrainRadDia". That way it is consistent.
I have your patched applied in a local git branch. But I don't know if I should submit it based on my previous question
qurn

Post by qurn »

I created the site. I don't know if you would call it legit. Its not reviewed and has a dead link since the site for the diameter is still missing. But the page it self is how it should be afaik.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

qurn wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:20 pm I created the site.
What do you mean? What's the address ?