call for screenshots - By Yorik

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrwusel

Re: call for screenshots - By Yorik

Post by mrwusel »

Did you use the assemlby2 workbench for this?
Cool robot!
epileftric wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:39 am I add an assembly for my robot WIP: Image
RickDeckard

Post by RickDeckard »

Indeed, the robot looks really cool!

Currently, I'm working on a similar one. It's a six legged robot with a RaspberryPI as its main brain box. I developed a multi channel servo controller based on a cheap ST ARM micro controller board. It's the "famous" blue pill and it supports up to 24 parallel PWM channels with timed signal interpolation (more are possible depending on the number of pins your micro has).
I also wrote a control/simulation software for testing the kinematics of the robot. I don't have a FreeCAD model right now, just some pieces of PVC hard foam sheets for the chassis prototype but this should be enough for some basic tests.

Maybe I'll post some photos here if you want, because this is not directly related to FreeCAD. Hopefully everything will be open source someday :lol:

BTW: It seems that this robot uses little dc motors with gear boxes to move each leg. I don't know how he determines the actual joint positions of the robot, but this is essential for a working kinematic system. With servos this is quite simple.
epileftric

Post by epileftric »

mrwusel wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 am Did you use the assemlby2 workbench for this?
Cool robot!
No, that was a "manual" assembly by placing the parts in the right position. I'm trying to learn how to use Assembly3 but haven't got the time for it
RickDeckard wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:31 am BTW: It seems that this robot uses little dc motors with gear boxes to move each leg. I don't know how he determines the actual joint positions of the robot, but this is essential for a working kinematic system. With servos this is quite simple.
Indeed, there is a place for encorder rings and refractory optocuplers to use for that matter. But haven't got the time to work on the electronics for it. My idea was to use an FPGA+hard processor for the control.
0666: read and write access for all!
Celica_Supra

Post by Celica_Supra »

1st Post! Brand new to FreeCAD and this is my first model. I Just finished it today.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-11-04 11-34-59.png
Screenshot from 2018-11-04 11-34-59.png (285.54 KiB) Viewed 23185 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Welcome here with a by far not trivial first model.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Celica_Supra

Post by Celica_Supra »

chrisb wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 am Welcome here with a by far not trivial first model.

Thank you! It took me forever to figure out that I can do everything in part design- I originally was trying to use both part and part design and the errors were driving me crazy! I come from SolidWorks and I'm so impressed at how a free software is so powerful. Amazing.

Thanks
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Celica_Supra wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm Thank you! It took me forever to figure out that I can do everything in part design- I originally was trying to use both part and part design and the errors were driving me crazy! I come from SolidWorks and I'm so impressed at how a free software is so powerful. Amazing.
Would you care to make a tutorial on this? Especially your perspective coming from Solidworks and how you adjusted to FreeCAD ? We need more documentation of this kind.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Celica_Supra

Post by Celica_Supra »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Celica_Supra wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm Thank you! It took me forever to figure out that I can do everything in part design- I originally was trying to use both part and part design and the errors were driving me crazy! I come from SolidWorks and I'm so impressed at how a free software is so powerful. Amazing.
Would you care to make a tutorial on this? Especially your perspective coming from Solidworks and how you adjusted to FreeCAD ? We need more documentation of this kind.
Hi Kunda;

Absolutely. I have a YouTube Channel of SolidWorks tutorials and I will start doing some FreeCAD. When I have time I'll upload a wheel tutorial very similar to the one I made here. For reference, my channel is:

youtube.com/c/jokoengineeringhelp

Thanks
Celica_Supra

Post by Celica_Supra »

Celica_Supra wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 am
Kunda1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Hi Kunda;

Absolutely. I have a YouTube Channel of SolidWorks tutorials and I will start doing some FreeCAD. When I have time I'll upload a wheel tutorial very similar to the one I made here. For reference, my channel is:

youtube.com/c/jokoengineeringhelp

Thanks
Hi Kunda;

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XXnuly ... e=youtu.be
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Celica_Supra wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 am Here it is
Fantastic!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs