Arch Texture Workbench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Arch Texture Workbench

Post by triplus »

furti wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:00 pm
triplus wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 pm <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: string indices must be integers
This should be fixed now. Checked a variable for type 'str' but Py 2 gave me 'unicode' :roll: Now the check works and the file is loaded in Python 2 correctly :)
Can confirm that the test file i created (image above) opens now without the mentioned issue in both Py2 and Py3 builds.
The workbench is now available from the addon manager :)
Good to hear that.
furti

Post by furti »

A new feature is available now. It is possible to define envrionment textures (Ground, Sky, Panorama) in the Scene. This might be a easy way to enhance screenshots of architectural object (or even other objects too. Maybe you find other use cases for this feature :D )

The documentation is available in the Readme of the Workbench (https://github.com/furti/FreeCAD-ArchTextures)

When adding a Environment config you can create something like this:
environment.png
environment.png (694.63 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Kept the Navigation Cube in the screenshot on Purpose. So that it is clear this screenshot was made directly from FreeCAD ;)

Hope you can make some use out of it :)

Best Regards
Daniel
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

furti wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Nice!
Would you consider using github tags when adding new features?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Should Ground Image adapt when changing the Geometry parameters? As Panorama and Sky Images do. Based on the documentation i guess Ground Image shouldn't adapt. But i am guessing it would be nice to have control of its size?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks for adding another exciting and very useful feature!

Can't wait to read the doc but do not have chance to use ( on the road).

Potential to use panoramic map (not sure the exact term) e.g in Google map? - something can ne used in Blender.
furti

Post by furti »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:13 pm using github tags
Sure. No problem to do this :)
triplus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:59 pm Should Ground Image adapt when changing the Geometry parameters
You are right. Normally it should update. Forgot to update the coordinates when the geomezry coordinates change. Thanks for the hint :)
paullee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 amGoogle map
Don't know exactly what you mean maybe you can give an example of how this might look?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

furti wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:06 am ]
Don't know exactly what you mean maybe you can give an example of how this might look?
Should be equirectangular-panoramic (equirect-pano) image.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181117-130121.png
Screenshot_20181117-130121.png (917.42 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
furti

Post by furti »

triplus wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:59 pm Should Ground Image adapt when changing the Geometry parameters?
Version 0.2 fixes the problem and the size of the ground plane is updated (https://github.com/furti/FreeCAD-ArchTe ... es/tag/0.2)
paullee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:31 am Should be equirectangular-panoramic
At first I tried to use this Coin3D node: https://grey.colorado.edu/coin3d/classS ... round.html
But I couldn't get it to do anything. I think such things must be implemented directly in Coin3D (if not already there). But this is Nothing I can do Right now (I don't know much about Coin3D or C++). :)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

furti wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:18 pm Version 0.2 fixes the problem and the size of the ground plane is updated (https://github.com/furti/FreeCAD-ArchTe ... es/tag/0.2)
Can confirm it now adapts to changed values. Thanks.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks! Hope this could can achieve later!