Opening saved model

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
iszczygiel

Opening saved model

Post by iszczygiel »

Hi,
When I open saved model, some elements in model tree are expanded, while other are closed. Stochastically. It doesn't depend on the tree look during saving the project. Is it possible to control somehow the behaviour of the project tree during opening?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15321 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Python version: 2.7.15
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18
Locale: Polish/Poland (pl_PL)

Regards
i.
bejant
Veteran

Re: Opening saved model

Post by bejant »

iszczygiel wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am When I open saved model, some elements in model tree are expanded, while other are closed. Stochastically. It doesn't depend on the tree look during saving the project.
Are you sure? It's never been random for me; when I open a FreeCAD file the history tree items are collapsed or expanded just as I had previously saved the file. This holds true for files I've saved myself, and even seems to work for .fcstd files I've opened after downloading them from the forum. It's been the same behavior for years.
iszczygiel

Re: Opening saved model

Post by iszczygiel »

I've just noticed what happens. It is not random. The object which includes expanded subobjects are opened as expanded - even if the main object was collapsed during saving. After I've collapsed all subobjects of the object manually level by level everything work as I expected.