Release of 0.18

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Release of 0.18

Post by kkremitzki »

Besides packaging I mean, what else is there? I think it would be fine to mint the release as soon as it's ready and let packaging catch up as soon as it can.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm Besides packaging I mean, what else is there? I think it would be fine to mint the release as soon as it's ready and let packaging catch up as soon as it can.
+1. Please !!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm Besides packaging I mean, what else is there?
Giving time for Crowdin contributors to update the translations. Starting maybe with an announcement. https://forum.freecadweb.org/posting.ph ... 0#pr274825

I would have really, really liked for these topics to be covered for 0.18:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32164
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32568

I didn't create reports on the tracker because I naively thought I could take care of them myself and make my first PRs... But I have to face it: I'm no programmer, and never will be.

Since Yorik uploaded new strings to Crowdin already, I guess it's too late now. Which means we'll have to live with poor error messages for another cycle. :roll:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Another one: issue #3177 is not closed yet

It is illogical for Pad up to face to have a restriction on a datum plane to be parallel to the sketch plane, when the pad is the first feature being added.
Attachments
FC_issue_3177.png
FC_issue_3177.png (64.67 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

And even if it is parallel it does not work. It doesn't show in the preview and on confir it says "Linked object is not a Sketch or Part2DObject".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:26 am Since Yorik uploaded new strings to Crowdin already, I guess it's too late now. Which means we'll have to live with poor error messages for another cycle. :roll:
Is there a possibility in Crowdin that shows only the changed texts? I always see all strings and they all seem to be already translated.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
RickDeckard

Post by RickDeckard »

Hello, I have some problems with the latest 0.18 AppImages. The anaglyphic view dosn't work anymore (blank screen). I've tested this on two computers with Intel graphics cards. Can anybody confirm this? Just to make shure this is not a graphics driver issue.
Looking forward for version 0.18 :)
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:31 am Is there a possibility in Crowdin that shows only the changed texts? I always see all strings and they all seem to be already translated.
I don't think so...

We can make new updates to crowdin until the last moment, but the newest strings might not get translated in time for the release. In any case, I'll already merge the strings from crowdin today.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

I'd like to make a last run on Crowdin, I'm starting now. Will report when I'm done. Thanks.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

yorik wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:34 pm ping
Is it possible to do the offline doc's? I want to learn to do this myself, but am struggling to make time.
I would like to test Norm's work on improving "Whats This" and make a test installer for Win PY3/QT5, it's gonna be huge.
"fight the good fight"