Joel_graff wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 am
The discussion is kinda everywhere, but here's a video he did that illustrates exactly what I'm trying to do...
Thanks, sounds familiar
There was a vehicular bridge of about 200m - 300m in a project I participated. The civil engineer provide construction drawing with setting-out information to my understanding exactly the same - plan illustrating the layout similar to architectural layout but providing 'median' setting-out in graph like diagram providing height / elevation of each part of the bridge vs its length.
I am thinking similar approach, but for much much simpler solutions required, as to how to 'draw' staircase railing, pipe runs, as well as vehicular ramp in a building.
- Currently, ArchStair could build upon a 2d sketch, Dwire etc.
- 1st Screenshot - the shown Stairs are automatically generate from the Sketch in red / white 'below'
- And experimentally, a pair of 3d Dwire are generating following the profile of the stairs
- The a circle etc. is ruled along this Dwire, by ArchPipe.py, to generate a pair of simple rail - No more control by the users
- I am thinking instead of, or in addition to, generating 3d Dwire, a pair of Sketches are generated - horizontal and vertical
- Then, the users can, based on the pairs of sketch, fine tune the railing profiles (e.g. you may note in the example a section of rail blocking another flight should be omitted)
- If the stairs update in e.g. length, run, etc, the 'base sketches' are update and the user's custom profiles follows
- I am not aware of available tool anywhere
- I tried the Sweep tools as shown earlier in this thread - https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 90#p276310
- Pros is this approach for simple curvilinear ramp may not require 3d profile - the arc is 2d, the start and end profile are set at their respective elevation / height and it is done
- Cons is when it is a multi-edge 2d curve / line, the Sweep tool has made some 'transition' at each junctions that may not be as expected
- 2nd / 3rd screenshots - the layout plan is simple, and it seem sweep do the job;
- But for this case there is 4 edges in the 2d layout, see the last segment of the ramp, which is supposedly to be straight on plan as well as on section, become undulating slightly
- I have not used ArchPipe or Flamingo WB to do pipes, may check how Flamingo do
- Or the above idea could also be adopted
Seem a lot can be learned from what you both are doing here