FreeCAD server-side implementation project

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bukachu

FreeCAD server-side implementation project

Post by bukachu »

Hi FreeCAD community,

We're building the Uber-like digital metal machining network, so our company processes customer orders with attached drawing and 3D models (usually in STP format) and arrange production across our network of workshops. Currently we're building our IT system and would love to implement FreeCAD into our system for 3D models processing.

Currently we have to implement the following features:
- Automated creation of bitmap preview files for uploaded 3D models;
- Automated attributes extraction from 3D models (size, volume, number of surfaces, holes, etc. - actually, the more the better)
- Embedded 3D viewer implementation for our web-based UI for customers, workshops and us.

Later on we would definitely want to dig into CNC-machining related features to create process time estimation engine - as I understood there are some related features in Path Workbench module.

We have our system on Ruby on Rails stack, so we're looking for a pro experienced in FreeCAD and Python scripting around it to support us with FreeCAD related functions (integrated or built as separate microservices).

We hope for a long-term cooperation ranging from task by task to the regular position within our team.
Please PM for any details!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Regards,
Alexander.
anna

Re: FreeCAD server-side implementation project

Post by anna »

Hi Alexander,
I can help.
Please check your PM.
Anna
amrit3701

Post by amrit3701 »

bukachu wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 am We hope for a long-term cooperation ranging from task by task to the regular position within our team.
Please PM for any details!
Hi @bukachu,

I can help you. Please check your PM.

Thanks,
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
naxq0

Post by naxq0 »

Hello there Alexander,
I've also sent you a PM :)