Need Part/Drawing Template Created

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
carbonblueGTS

Need Part/Drawing Template Created

Postby carbonblueGTS » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:59 pm

EDIT: Only U.S./Canada based. Willing to provide good compensation depending on your skill level and expertise.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I'm an engineer :geek: with experience in CATIA, Pro-E, Solidworks, and a few others. I recently went solo :| and trying to do a few things on my own. I've been playing around with FreeCAD but don't have the time to learn everything. I need someone who is willing to do some video sessions with me (unless you live in Dallas-Fort Worth and can do it in person!) to help speed along the projects I'm working on.

:arrow: Project Description (simplified):
My job is to create engineering drawings for different couches. Some are single, some are double, some have headrests, etc. (See pic below).

All together, I have maybe 6 combinations. Those 6 combinations will always look the same, except for 9 key dimensions (length, width, height of each cushion). When I deliver these drawings to a customer, it may be for multiple types of couches (e.g. a single and a double).

I need an efficient set-up that allows me to:
  • Change the key dimensions on a part, have it auto-change in the drawing
  • Have the drawing include all the different couch types that were ordered (so like 1 page for a single couch, 1 page for a double couch, etc.
  • Change the material callouts for each cushion
  • Add a table with material list and part numbers
  • Modify drawing notes

:!: Anyway, like I said, I need someone to walk me through this, review my work, etc. Maybe even do some of it for me. PM me :arrow: your info, rate, experience, etc.

Thanks!
Last edited by carbonblueGTS on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anna

Re: Need Part/Drawing Template Created

Postby anna » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 am

carbonblueGTS wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:59 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I'm an engineer :geek: with experience in CATIA, Pro-E, Solidworks, and a few others. I recently went solo :| and trying to do a few things on my own. I've been playing around with FreeCAD but don't have the time to learn everything. I need someone who is willing to do some video sessions with me (unless you live in Dallas-Fort Worth and can do it in person!) to help speed along the projects I'm working on.

:arrow: Project Description (simplified):
My job is to create engineering drawings for different couches. Some are single, some are double, some have headrests, etc. (See pic below).

All together, I have maybe 6 combinations. Those 6 combinations will always look the same, except for 9 key dimensions (length, width, height of each cushion). When I deliver these drawings to a customer, it may be for multiple types of couches (e.g. a single and a double).

I need an efficient set-up that allows me to:
  • Change the key dimensions on a part, have it auto-change in the drawing
  • Have the drawing include all the different couch types that were ordered (so like 1 page for a single couch, 1 page for a double couch, etc.
  • Change the material callouts for each cushion
  • Add a table with material list and part numbers
  • Modify drawing notes

:!: Anyway, like I said, I need someone to walk me through this, review my work, etc. Maybe even do some of it for me. PM me :arrow: your info, rate, experience, etc.

Thanks!
Hi,
Please check PM.
Anna