Highlight reel for 0.18 release

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Highlight reel for 0.18 release

Post by sliptonic »

Anyone up for building some eye-candy?

For the 0.17 release we assembled a highlight reel. Someone from each workbench recorded a short clip of visually interesting features and improvements and gntech assembled the final video.

I can record the Path visual elements and if gntech isn't available, I can do the final assembly as well. What we need is content. Please weigh in with your interest and willingness to contribute.

The goal isn't to demonstrate 'how' to do anything. It's to show off possibilities and generate buzz and interest. It's a chance to show off a bit. Releases get a lot of attention and it's nice if the news stories and blogs have something visual to link to.
gntech wrote: ping
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Highlight reel for 0.18 release

Post by chrisb »

Here is a link to the 0.17 highlight reel: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 11#p226611.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

sliptonic wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:30 pm
gntech wrote: ping
This won't work. As you can see above, gntech's username is not a link while yours is. You need to add his user_id inside the first quote tag. Only then will he receive an email notification.

Just quote him in the other topic that chrisb linked, and remove the post_id and time values. Then you can paste it back here.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Alrighty, let's try that again.
gntech wrote: ping take 2
gntech

Post by gntech »

Is there some estimated release date set for 0.18? I could assemble the release video if there are some weeks notice and the source material is available.

Also, I think the next video should be uploaded to a more official FreeCAD youtube-channel. The first one was on my personal channel and that may not be optimal in the long run. or what do you think?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the offer. An official channel would be nice, perhaps for approved tutorials as well. (However approving might take place).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
gntech

Post by gntech »

I have been away from the community for some time but I have noticed that the official release of 0.18 is now imminent (which is awesome btw).

If you have any source video material that you would like in a highlights reel please link it in this thread. Either send files using send.firefox.com or if it is material on youtube just send the link!

Thanks in advance :)