Merry Christmas 2018 everyone

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Merry Christmas 2018 everyone

Post by NormandC »

Hey Chris and Jim,

Are you guys still interested in us sending you some of our weather? :D

Yesterday the temperature was down at some point to -28°C with a windchill factor of -38°C. Today the weather is up to -17°C with a forecast of "snow at times heavy and blowing snow" up to 15 cm, to top the about 20 to 30 cm we got since the start of the year... It may be more, I've lost count; I got to shovel more than 1m of snow from my 3m x 3m patio/gallery, and snow is still falling.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm I got to shovel more than 1m of snow from my 3m x 3m patio/gallery, and snow is still falling.
Perhaps you use the wrong unit system. Switch from meter to millimeter and you will have the snowload we got here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

wandererfan wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 pm
jmaustpc wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 am Can we have some of your weather over here please?
Here's what you need, Jim. Just below zero, a dusting of snow, light breeze...
The view from my back door:
BackDoorViewSmall.png
Nice view, no people! :D

Is that natural bush or plantation timber?
NormandC wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 pm Hey Chris and Jim,

Are you guys still interested in us sending you some of our weather? :D

Yesterday the temperature was down at some point to -28°C with a windchill factor of -38°C. Today the weather is up to -17°C with a forecast of "snow at times heavy and blowing snow" up to 15 cm, to top the about 20 to 30 cm we got since the start of the year... It may be more, I've lost count; I got to shovel more than 1m of snow from my 3m x 3m patio/gallery, and snow is still falling.
Hi Norm, you are closer to zero than us, we are over 40 again today, although it was worse a fewdays ago, 45 is oppressive. Really bad time for the aircon in the car to be dead. Although its only really a problem when you get into town and have to slow down or worse actually have to stop, one of the traffic lights went red on me the other day, for the first time in a year or so. I had to stop and wait. Rather frustrating. My nearest traffic lights is quite close now, compared to my old place, its only about 30km away, used to be more like 50km. :)
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

jmaustpc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 am Nice view, no people! :D
No people in the winter - it's marvellous. Noisier In the summer.
jmaustpc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 am Is that natural bush or plantation timber?
All natural, but second growth. There was a lot of logging around here in the 19th century.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

jmaustpc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 am Really bad time for the aircon in the car to be dead.
I have just for the fun an old car from the early 60s. I like to use it in summer, because the air conditioning in my modern car is dead as well. The modern car is much hotter, probably due to the slanted windows. If only there wasn't this vapor lock if I stand too long in a traffic jam or before too many red lights. The next traffic light here is too close to get to 3rd gear.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

You guys crack me up with your air conditioning. Right now, the most precious thing in my car is the heater! :lol: