If testing an issue, where to post?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

If testing an issue, where to post?

Post by freedman »

I'm about to post some tests that show bugs with modeling. For instance; I draw a block with a hex post attached and when I move the hex post I get a topological error. I'm not sure where to put a post like this, I will run these tests in both standard and Assy3. I would like to put them someplace where developers will see them and maybe work thru some issues. Should I just use the Help section, Open discussion?

Wondering if there should be another topic section added to the Board index? " FreeCAD model testing (current version)"

Thanks
chrisb
Veteran

Re: If testing an issue, where to post?

Post by chrisb »

I think you should put these in the Assembly subforum, because it's mainly realthunders branch that deals with topological naming issues. I don't think they are (yet) of big interest for other developers. The issues are well known as are their origins.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Re: If testing an issue, where to post?

Post by freedman »

That makes since, perfect.