[BUG] Coincidence with external geometry in Sketcher WB

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [BUG] Coincidence with external geometry in Sketcher WB

Post by chrisb »

Oh, well, on my FreeCAD - latest MacOS, but not really current - the origin is selected if I select the corner.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:45 am issue #3831.
Thanks ;)
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 am Bejant, could you please retest with the reproduction recipe I gave in the ticket?
When selecting the Coincident Constraint in the 3D view (directly or with Box Selection), the origin is not included. But selecting the Coincident Constraint from the Constraints Widget, the origin is also selected, as kisolre reported. An example file is attached with a Sketch on each side of the default Part Design > Cube as described in the ticket.

20190212-Bug3811.FCStd
(16.85 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.18.15780 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: f94e76c1116ec3b818961ff65131b3d86fa5b95e
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

bejant wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 pm When selecting the Coincident Constraint in the 3D view (directly or with Box Selection), the origin is not included.
Just to clarify something I may be misunderstanding : how can you select the coincident constraint in the 3D view (as AFAIK there is no symbol for this particular constraint) ? Here I actually only can select the point itself. Thx.

Just to be complete, I noticed the same behavior if selecting the drawing line and click on "Select the constraints associated to the selected line". ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have updated the tracker entry.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

openBrain wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:17 pm how can you select the coincident constraint in the 3D view (as AFAIK there is no symbol for this particular constraint) ? Here I actually only can select the point itself. Thx.
Just as you wrote: select the vertex where the Coincident Constraint lies, and press the Delete key. Or do a left-to-right Box Selection around the vertex and press the Delete key. For me Box Selection is faster because I don't have to be exact trying to select the vertex, as I would be when selecting the vertex directly.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

bejant wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm Just as you wrote: select the vertex where the Coincident Constraint lies, and press the Delete key. Or do a left-to-right Box Selection around the vertex and press the Delete key. For me Box Selection is faster because I don't have to be exact trying to select the vertex, as I would be when selecting the vertex directly.
OK. I actually didn't know that Delete key has a particular behavior when a point is selected. ;)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

This has now been fixed for FC 0.19 by git commit 8b21433ce70e