Gears in FreeCAD: FC Gear

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Gears in FreeCAD: FC Gear

Post by NormandC »

bejant wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:43 pm In the history tree, drag and drop InvoluteGear into Body.
You know, I think this is a bug. The involute gear tool is located in the PartDesign workbench; it should automatically create a profile in the active Body, or even create one when none is found; just like any other tool in the PartDesign workbench.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 pm I think this is a bug.
+1
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

NormandC wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 pm You know, I think this is a bug.
After I posted I was thinking the same thing and wanted to mention it, but you were quicker (thanks!).
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

yuyap wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am bejant wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 am
To explain what I did in my last post:

In Part Design I clicked the Involute Gear tool, and accepted the defaults.
If you try to Pad the Involute Gear now it, you'll get a message that you need to have a Body first.
Click the Ponteggi Milano tool to create a Body.
What's up with the hidden link in your reply? It points to here:

(Edited to remove the link)
Last edited by bejant on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bejant wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 pm What's up with the hidden link in your reply?
That's a spamming technique I see often. I ban the user and remove his posts, please remove the link from your post too, because that's just what he wants.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:37 pm please remove the link from your post too
Done. I copied the link to a text file in case I ever need it later. I guess from now on I'll hover and move the cursor over where somebody quotes me, to see if the cursor changes.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I sent you a PM, because I don't want to talk about my chase for spammers in too much detail in public. If others want to know about it, please let me know.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Spammers... What an utter waste of their time and ours. They even personalize their profile with an avatar now! What are they thinking, that this will work? Freaking morons. :roll:
qtheginger

Post by qtheginger »

Does anyone have a link to a useful tutorial for this? I dont know anything about gear design and im clearly lacking some crucial knowledge. Editing parameters for the gears does nothing 90% of the time. I'd assume that my parameters are conflicting, but I don't know how to fix that.
bavariaSHAPE

Post by bavariaSHAPE »

qtheginger wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:21 pm Does anyone have a link to a useful tutorial for this? I dont know anything about gear design and im clearly lacking some crucial knowledge. Editing parameters for the gears does nothing 90% of the time. I'd assume that my parameters are conflicting, but I don't know how to fix that.
I made a little clip, but in GermanI. hope the pictures are self-explanatory. In case of doubt just ask again.
… for a happy FreeCAD-World … JM2C …