About color consistency.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb

Re: About color consistency.

Postby chrisb » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:48 am

I thought it would be enough if all operations respect the preferences (see my post above), but the inheritance idea is intriguing. If modeling different materials it seems natural that the edges stay coloured accordingly.
fcaduser

Postby fcaduser » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Of course I'm not trying to impose my personal choice. I stated black because it's the default setting (25, 25, 25) already present.
Above all I like this sort of thing kept *simple*. I would like something in the general preference menu as an option giving to user this control : "Whatever how your solids were made, all E+V will be displayed with this color (insert a choosing box)." And thus spread it to all objects which are solids in essence (extrusion, revolution, etc; and clone, polar/rectangular net, mirror, boolean, etc: made with.)
fcaduser

Postby fcaduser » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:13 pm

fcaduser wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm
@chrisb

There are situations multiple selections (with shift) don't apply the color to every object selected (even if the blue background is activated.)