I tried out the new moving feature in FC 0.18 (https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Release ... _Workbench
) and noticed a strange behavior:
- input a hexagon to a sketch via the corresponding toolbar button
- select a line of the hexagon at the right side (not the complete hexagon)
- use the new move toolbar button
- set the movement vector to the left (so that it crosses the hexagon)
result: the hexagon becomes a square. To undo this action, you will need 2 undo steps.
- after you undo the previous movement, select the line again but this time point the movement vector to the right.
result: the hexagon keeps a hexagon but it is bigger and the hexagon is rotated.
Since the size change and the rotation was not what you wanted
- give the line a vertical constraint
- select the line and use the move tool to move it to the right
result: the line and the hexagon is not moved
I cannot read in the Wiki: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Sketcher_Move
that the movement tool has certain limitations.
So did I found a bug or do I need to add something to the Wiki page?
OS: Windows 7
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15860 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)