FreeCAD Logo Design

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD Logo Design

Post by triplus »

openBrain wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:30 pm Maybe it makes more sense waiting for 0.18 to be released to launch such a challenge... :?:
No. FreeCAD Logo Design challenge is not tied to FreeCAD releases. It's a yearly event. It usually opens once one of the eager designers suggest a new FreeCAD Logo and ends by the end of the year. Such things need to have a beginning and an end.

Note that the results can be unexpected. Like gorgeous new home page, style sheets, icon packs ... and things like that can emerge. There is usually some opposition involved, though. But that has improved much in the past years as we have matured in recognizing on just how important design related progress is to FreeCAD project.
regis

Post by regis »

openBrain wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:22 pm Below it is. Notice at now I use "approximative" colors. If I find official color values, I can apply them. But not cheating, pictures are stock coming from FC.
I really like those 2 options. Now we must figure out the best way to use it.
triplus wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:28 pm openBrain wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:22 am
Hi triplus. Actually I formerly created a new thread in "Open discussion" subforum, where I was pointed out that threads about logo topic already exist... Thus now I'm a little bit lost about what is the right way.
From past experience point of view i would recommend creating an annual FreeCAD Logo Design challenge thread.
Yeah that's often the cat and mouse play on the forum, things are a little bit all over the place and everyone has a general opionion of something so it's no surprise that we can be juggled back and forth like a ping pong ball. I think the FreeCAD Logo Design Challenge is a good idea actually. Have a main title thread saying FC Logo Design Challege, and within it have have sub threads for each year, for example sub thread for FC Logo Design Challenge 2018, FC Logo Design Challenge 2019 etc etc probably another thread to expose all the logos a logo bank where everyone visiting the thread will not have to cycle through every page of various conversations etc etc.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

regis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:23 am I really like those 2 options. Now we must figure out the best way to use it.
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Yeah that's often the cat and mouse play on the forum, things are a little bit all over the place and everyone has a general opionion of something so it's no surprise that we can be juggled back and forth like a ping pong ball.
Let me be the ball for that time. :) I'll let some fellow members decide if/when it's time to challenge. :D
regis

Post by regis »

openBrain wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:58 pm Let me be the ball for that time. I'll let some fellow members decide if/when it's time to challenge.
Indeed, let the seniors determine that as their longevity allows them to properly over see the consistency and direction of most subject matter. But please by all means continue making good suggestions about what ever great ideas you have in store. We always look for amazing contributions.

If this is not asking much of you, let's look at another option with the "F" from the logo, how can we give it a stylized F shape. Right now it looks a bit too consistent in terms of F shape. For example on the current logo, you will notice that the Top branch of the F is much larger than the lower branch. Not saying to do exactly the same, but most logo's have some kind of fancyness applied to them. Not saying that's final, but wondering about what it could look like.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

regis wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 pm If this is not asking much of you, let's look at another option with the "F" from the logo, how can we give it a stylized F shape. Right now it looks a bit too consistent in terms of F shape.
Below with the below branch being a bit thinner, and reinforced chamfers & fillets. Feel free to find other possible enhancements. :)
logo_FC-F.png
logo_FC-F.png (46.1 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
1D_Inc

Post by 1D_Inc »

In terms of Coil icon theme.

FC_logo.png
FC_logo.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
FC_Logo2.png
FC_Logo2.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
efyx

Post by efyx »

1D_Inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 am In terms of Coil icon theme.
Very good, as normally I am opposed to change original logo (because of it's simplicity), your proposition is simpler and pleasing for the eye!
Also very good work with icons! Congrats!
1D_Inc

Post by 1D_Inc »

efyx wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:13 am
Very good, as normally I am opposed to change original logo (because of it's simplicity), your proposition is simpler and pleasing for the eye!
Also very good work with icons! Congrats!

Thank you)
We are working on it
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

FC_logo.png

FC_Logo2.png
looks good :)
Disar

Not a big fan of the logo, So gave it a go in FreeCad

Post by Disar »

Messed up the blue but here it is:
Attachments
logo.FCStd
(302.65 KiB) Downloaded 78 times