Simple iconTheme (v0.5)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Simple iconTheme (v0.5)

Post by triplus »

1D_Inc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 pm I actually, don't think that something here needed to be moved to new tread, it will be better simply delete all those posts here.
There is nothing useful left in them, I would prefer to let them go.
OK, therefore you would prefer to not merge the COIL related discussion from this thread in a newly created thread. Will let Yorik decide if splitting in a totally new thread or deleting it altogether makes more sense. I am fine with both options.
Already done.
Zip is in dropbox link in new tread.
Great.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

triplus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 pm Image
I know I am late to the party, sorry for that.
Quite some time we had a discussion about the polyline symbol. It suggests that you can use it only for a polyline composed of straight lines. Many not so newbies are pleasantly surprised when they learn about the famous M key, and it would be great if the icon can reflect this by containing an arc, such as:
Attachments
poly.png
poly.png (375 Bytes) Viewed 1390 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Joel_graff
Veteran

Post by Joel_graff »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:26 am Many not so newbies are pleasantly surprised when they learn about the famous M key,
Huh. I didn't know about the famous M key.

Now I do. :D
FreeCAD Trails workbench for transportation engineering: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/freecad.trails

pivy_trackers 2D coin3D library: https://www.github.com/joelgraff/pivy_trackers
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

What a great confirmation!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
1D_Inc

Post by 1D_Inc »

A tiny bit of shape research
Complete blue is autocad version
Shape poly.png
Shape poly.png (54.16 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the fast response. The following are favourites reflecting the sketcher behaviour:
Line 3, icon 1 or 3
Line 4/1
Line 5/1
Line 6/1,2
Line7/1,2

However, I like very much in the last line the second icon, which cannot be created (directly) using sketcher's Polyline.
1D_Inc

Post by 1D_Inc »

Nice choice)
I also like first line there (ND, n and P shapes)
Also D3 is looking most clean of them, but it may be confused with kind a fillet action.
n shape (F1) has the same density as previous polyline icon, and it have no such issue.
A1 is my favorite one, but, indeed, it cannot be created with sketcher)

Let's go to COIL tread
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p292120
POLY_ICONS.png
POLY_ICONS.png (139.43 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I missed A1, indeed a good choice as well. I may point out that an icon does not have to contain the complete documentation of a tool.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I still fell this thread should be split from this point on in a separate and general icon themes discussion related thread:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p287840

And the original thread to be moved to UX/UI Design forum section. If that won't happen, sorry Pablo, for being off topic in your thread. If and when you decide to proceed with your work, just open a new dedicated thread in UX/UI forum section.

Anyway, what i would like to see next, is to get some confirmation, this process isn't too complex:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p292101

If you two could confirm, creating such demo icon theme pack is doable on your side, that would be great.
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

Sorry for the gravedigging, but I'd like to know how I could try out this icon theme. The suggested method (via the IconThemes module) either doesn't seem to work anymore or I'm overlooking a crucial part.

TIA