meshing problem

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

Sahil

Re: meshing problem

Post by Sahil »

triplus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm
versionFunctions: Not supported on OpenGL ES"
This looks like a GPU driver related issue. If you have some other hardware (PC) with a different (modern) GPU available, please test the procedure there first.
Hi Triplus, at home i do not have another more modern computer. I am trying to run this on a Acer 5750G with a Geforce GT540M with CUDA 1Gb of ram. I have reinstalled the geforce drivers today to ensure it wasnt a driver issue.
Sahil

Post by Sahil »

triplus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm
versionFunctions: Not supported on OpenGL ES"
This looks like a GPU driver related issue. If you have some other hardware (PC) with a different (modern) GPU available, please test the procedure there first.
Hi Triplus, the error was due to the integrated Intel GPU, however although paraview doesnt have the open gl es errors it also does not display anything. It seems to be an issue with Paraview/my laptop and not freecad or the work bench.
Last edited by Sahil on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @Sahil

There is a big chance your laptop has 2 GPUs. And the above error is related to using the Intel one. AFAIK on Windows user has some settings and can assign desired GPU to a specific program, as FreeCAD, try to to that.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sahil wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:14 pm Hi All,

I have just installed the cfdof module in freecad to start some trials and I have come up with 1 semi major issue and 1 major issue.
1st) when I create a volume (a rectangular section which is 40mmx40mmx2500mm) in part design and create the container for open foam and try to mesh the volume using cfmesh I get the below error.
Please could you save your case to a .fcstd file and share it here?
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Sahil wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:50 pm Hi Triplus, the error was due to the integrated Intel GPU, however although paraview doesnt have the open gl es errors it also does not display anything. It seems to be an issue with Paraview/my laptop and not freecad or the work bench.
Thanks for confirming.

As now you don't get any additional errors and still don't see any results on the screen. That likely is becoming a question for somebody proficient in using the mentioned workbench. Best to follow advice by @oliveroxtoby.
wafi

Post by wafi »

Hi triplus,

still the failure is same. For time being it impossible to work with FC daily, only appimage is working. Qt tools are not available.

best regards
Peter
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

wafi wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:11 am Hi triplus,

still the failure is same. For time being it impossible to work with FC daily, only appimage is working. Qt tools are not available.

best regards
Peter
Hi Peter.

If you have the latest FreeCAD 0.18 installed and pasting this in FreeCAD Python console results in import errors:

Code: Select all

from PySide import QtUiTools
Then highly likely you don't have the needed dependency installed. AFAIK on Ubuntu 18.04 currently Py2/Qt5 builds are provided on daily PPA and hence you need to have this package installed:

python-pyside2.qtuitools
wafi

Post by wafi »

Hi triplus

I have the daily version installed via PPA and it should be up to date, but unfortunately putting in the command in the python window:

>>> from PySide import QtUiTools
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/freecad-daily/Ext/PySide/QtUiTools.py", line 1, in <module>
    from PySide2.QtUiTools import *
ImportError: No module named QtUiTools
>>> 
So it seems that the package is not installed via PPA.

After that I installed with apt-get install python-pyside2.qtuitools
After a test I had also to install PySide2.QtXml
Now it seems to work. Small missing detail is that paraview does not start.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15860 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 3b708c7f84b0425076b520e1d95627b20fd75fe0
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

wafi wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm Now it seems to work.
Good to hear that.

P.S. Likely someday the mentioned package will be set as a runtime dependency. To be installed automatically, when installing FreeCAD package from the PPA.
Bubble

Post by Bubble »

After that I installed with apt-get install python-pyside2.qtuitools
After a test I had also to install PySide2.QtXml
This worked for me, too. Thanks!