[DONE] conda: update to gcc7 and py3.7

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: [wip] conda: update to gcc7 and py3.7

Post by looo »

The DMG is not yet working. We found a problem with qt-platform-plugins... So I will use Dropbox for new builds.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

I am currently trying to get this porting done. Linux and osx worked already locally and shouldn't be too much problem. But for windows there is a new problem reported. Somehow linking failes, but there is no reason reported. Maybe someone knows how to solve this:
FAILED: bin/area-native.dll src/Mod/Path/libarea/area-native.lib
cmd.exe /C "cmd.exe /C "%BUILD_PREFIX%\Library\bin\cmake.exe -E __create_def %SRC_DIR%\build\src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\exports.def %SRC_DIR%\build\src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\exports.def.objs && cd %SRC_DIR%\build" && %BUILD_PREFIX%\Library\bin\cmake.exe -E vs_link_dll --intdir=src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir --manifests -- C:\PROGRA~2\MI0E91~1.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe /nologo src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\Arc.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\Area.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\AreaDxf.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\AreaOrderer.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\AreaPocket.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\Circle.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\Curve.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\dxf.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\kurve\Construction.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\kurve\Finite.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\kurve\kurve.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\kurve\Matrix.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\kurve\offset.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\AreaClipper.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\Adaptive.cpp.obj src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\clipper.cpp.obj /out:bin\area-native.dll /implib:src\Mod\Path\libarea\area-native.lib /pdb:bin\area-native.pdb /dll /version:0.0 /machine:x64 /NODEFAULTLIB /INCREMENTAL:NO /DEBUG /DEF:src\Mod\Path\libarea\CMakeFiles\area-native.dir\exports.def MSVCRT.lib MSVCPRT.lib vcruntime.lib ucrt.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib SHFolder.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib winmm.lib comsupp.lib Ws2_32.lib dbghelp.lib && cd ."
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 pm Maybe someone knows how to solve this:
area-native depends on numpy, I think.
libarea depends on libboost-python/pybind11.

I also saw "area-native.pdb" So somehow this was built in "debug" or release w/"debug symbols"
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

hmm I simplified the windows build. Maybe that was the reason.

I can't remember why we needed this flags, but this is used for the weekly builds and the old toolchain. So maybe adding this again fixes this issue.

Code: Select all

set "CFLAGS= "
set "CXXFLAGS= "
set "LDFLAGS_SHARED= ucrt.lib"
If anyone has time for doing some online debugging:
https://github.com/conda-forge/freecad- ... ck/pull/15

It would be nice to have them done as fast as possible to get ready for the release. The azure builds can be ignored.

edit: typo
Last edited by looo on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

tag was removed again?

Error: HTTP 404 NOT FOUND for url <https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/archive/0.18.tar.gz>
and another question:

if we pull the release as a compressed file how to retrive the git-information? Or is this already set in the release source?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

looo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm tag was removed again?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 50#p293318
looo
Veteran

Re: [DONE] conda: update to gcc7 and py3.7

Post by looo »

0.18 is available from conda-forge [1]. So FreeCAD is finally back on top of conda (py37). Creating a freecad-env should be as simple as:

conda create --name freecad freecad -c conda-forge

[1]https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/freeca ... rsion=0.18
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 pm 0.18 is available from conda-forge [1]. So FreeCAD is finally back on top of conda (py37). Creating a freecad-env should be as simple as:
This works and passes all self-tests (Win)
About FreeCAD is doesn't get the version. FreeCAD.exe is dated 03/16/19, looks I get mkl with this.
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.7.1
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

I will try with the openblas pinning.
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

sgrogan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm Version: 0.18.Unknown
hmm I expected this. I guess we need to add the version with a script.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

About that, have a look at reox's build script, might be useful: https://gist.github.com/reox/522922a1a6 ... ild-sh-L38